Windows 10: Setting up slideshow log on screen (without user logging on) domain environment Windows 10

Discus and support Setting up slideshow log on screen (without user logging on) domain environment Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to setup slideshow images on the login screen before any user logs on. I have tried everything but unable to get it to work. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sccs8z, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Sccs8z Win User

Setting up slideshow log on screen (without user logging on) domain environment Windows 10

Hi,

I am trying to setup slideshow images on the login screen before any user logs on. I have tried everything but unable to get it to work. When I log in and set the slideshow and lock the machine, it works. If I log out, the slideshow does not work at all.

Has anyone done this before on a domain environment?

Thank you

:)

Sccs8z, Jan 25, 2019
  2. slim142 Win User

Windows users can't log in

The DNS server has collapsed. However, users cannot log into the domain?

I thought as long as they log in once, their credentials were saved locally into the computer?

slim142, Jan 25, 2019
  3. RobJM# Win User
    User Name or Password Incorrect When Trying to Log In as Domain User

I've tried searching repeatedly for an answer to this problem but I seem to be getting nowhere.

My client purchased a desktop PC with Windows 10 Home edition installed. I upgraded the machine to Windows 10 Pro. I added a Microsoft account to the machine.

I logged in using this account and added the machine to the domain (Windows Server 8). When prompted to enter a domain user account, I used my Administrator account. The machine was added fine. I can see it in the list of devices on the server.

Now when I try to log in to the machine as a domain user or the domain administrator, I get an error. Here are my steps at the login screen:

1. Click on Other user (Note that "Sign in to: <DOMAIN>" is displayed)

2. Enter user name (I've also tried DOMAIN\User and *** Email address is removed for privacy ***)

3. Enter password.

4. Click on arrow.

5. Message displayed is "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again."

I've tried multiple domain accounts and verified their passwords. It seems that only the local/Microsoft account will let me into the PC.

RobJM#, Jan 25, 2019
  4. Scoggs Win User

Setting up slideshow log on screen (without user logging on) domain environment Windows 10

Domain users immediately logged out

We got it figured out.

Below is the guide my boss made to fix the issue:

After certain Windows updates, standard users (users who are not members of Elevated Group) cannot log into machines that they have not previously logged into. They input their credentials properly but are immediately signed out.

The cause for this issue is that the Default User profile is corrupted by the update, and the new user cannot create a profile, because the system cannot use the Default profile template to properly create a proper registry key. One will be created, but
    it is corrupted.

To fix this issue follow these instructions:

• Go to C:\Users
    • If you cannot see the Default user folder click “View” and check the box next to “Hidden files”. Be sure to uncheck this box when you are finished with all other steps.
    • Rename the Default folder to “Default.bak”
    • Go to C:\Windows.old\Users (If there’s no Windows.old folder use the backup Default folder in this share to complete the following steps ****see below****)
    • Copy the Default user folder.
    • Go back to C:\Users and paste the Default folder there.
    • If a folder has been created for the affected user, delete it.
    • Deselect the check box next to “hidden files”.
    • Right click over the Windows icon and select Run.
    • In the “Open” window type “regedit.exe” to open the registry editor.
    • Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
    • Find the registry entry of the affected user (should have a .bak extension) and delete it.
    • After a restart of the machine the user should be able to log in successfully

Scoggs, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting up slideshow log on screen (without user logging on) domain environment Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting slideshow log

2. Set default Domain User Name in log screen windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set default Domain User Name in log screen windows 10: Hi, for a computer in domain where 3 different users are logging in, I have a need that at every reboot or lock/unlock of the device one of the 3 users always shows up as default even if the latter is not the last user actually logged in. This is because, this user is blind...
  3. Set default Domain User Name in log screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set default Domain User Name in log screen windows 10: Hi, for a computer in domain where 3 different users are logging in, I have a need that at every reboot or lock/unlock of the device one of the 3 users always shows up as default even if the latter is not the last user actually logged in. This is because, this user is blind...
  4. Set default Domain User Name in log screen windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Update Windows 11 cant log in domain user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows 11 cant log in domain user: Hi AllI use a laptop in the company where I use windows 11, to know its stability.Yesterday, March 28, updating windows 11, it restarts 3 times and then it does not allow me to log in with my domain user or with any other domain user. Local users only..I take it out of the...
  6. Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Creating Domain User Profile Without Logging In: Hi All, As we become an increasingly remote workforce, I would like to get away from asking for user credentials completely and make it so I can deploy a new computer to a user without having to log into their account. It's hard for an IT Administrator to enforce the IT...
  7. Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Join Domain - Domain user logs in and reverts back to the log in screen: This has been happening for over a year. Not every installed new PC, just many time. Newer Win10 builds have not corrected it. We have a Dell Optiplex, Win10 installed. We complete the initial set up, patch etc., then join the domain. After joining the doamin, I go to...
  8. Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to log back into domain after screen lock (Clicking Switch User, then logging in works): We have seen a weird issue on our domain where users are unable to log back into their machine using their domain credentials after their screen locks. The work around for this is for them to click switch user and then login. However, we need to figure out why this is...
  9. Logging in as new User in domain

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Logging in as new User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...
  10. Logging in as Other User in domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Logging in as Other User in domain: My fully updated Win10 machine logs into my domain as "Other User" and just spins - after a restart. I've also tried to log in as an Administrator and the same thing happens. If I shut down it will let me log in normal. My pdc is a Windows Server 2012 R2 with no dns issues -...