Windows 10: Setting up SSD

Discus and support Setting up SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone. My current OS is installed in my hard drive disk. But I'm planning to have a SSD specifically M.2 NVME SSD so the current set up will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DJ Hyrax, Aug 8, 2019.

1. DJ Hyrax Win User

Setting up SSD

Hi everyone.

My current OS is installed in my hard drive disk. But I'm planning to have a SSD specifically M.2 NVME SSD so the current set up will be a ssd and a hard drive and I want my OS to be installed in my new SSD to have a faster boot up. My question is do I need to install a new OS to my SSD or I'll just clone the Hard Drive to SSD? Thanks.

:)

DJ Hyrax, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 8, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Setting up SSD

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Setting up SSD

1. Setting up SSD - Similar Threads - Setting SSD

2. Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?: This just recently started to show incorrect information could someone tell me how to fix this or what has happened to make this occur?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ssd-show-incorrect-space-but-in/4623114c-3eec-41c4-a331-79621d0e456d
  3. Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my SSD show incorrect space but in settings its correct?: This just recently started to show incorrect information could someone tell me how to fix this or what has happened to make this occur?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-ssd-show-incorrect-space-but-in/4623114c-3eec-41c4-a331-79621d0e456d
  4. Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?: As you guys can see, i already upgraded my SSD to 1 TB, meanwhile the old SSD is around 220 GB. I cloned the old storage to new storage. After that, i try to check my Task Manager and my File Explorer, it does not change the Capacity size....
  5. Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?

Why Settings and Task Manager have different storage sizes after i upgraded an internal SSD?: As you guys can see, i already upgraded my SSD to 1 TB, meanwhile the old SSD is around 220 GB. I cloned the old storage to new storage. After that, i try to check my Task Manager and my File Explorer, it does not change the Capacity size....
  6. I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot

I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot: From starting I to migrated from hdd to SSD I copied the data and then when got to BIOS settings and boot settings I couldn't find both hdd and SSD in priorities to SSD ,please help in this problem TQ...
  7. I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot: From starting I to migrated from hdd to SSD I copied the data and then when got to BIOS settings and boot settings I couldn't find both hdd and SSD in priorities to SSD ,please help in this problem TQ...
  8. I couldn't find the both drive SSD and hdd in boot settings to boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Setting up a new Internal SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new Internal SSD: I am Installing a new internal ssd in my computer swapping out the old one for newer. Downloaded the installation media for windows on a blank usb flash drive stick but when I got through the installation dialogue it says unable to find driver. Don’t know what that means and...
  10. Setting up a new Internal SSD

Setting up a new Internal SSD: I am Installing a new internal ssd in my computer swapping out the old one for newer. Downloaded the installation media for windows on a blank usb flash drive stick but when I got through the installation dialogue it says unable to find driver. Don’t know what that means and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. setting up ssd for win 10 installation