Windows 10: Setting up ssecond monitor

Discus and support Setting up ssecond monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to set up a second monitor on my Dell all in one It does not have a VGA outlet which the ACER monitor uses as one input. The ACER also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rea[]y, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Rea[]y Win User

Setting up ssecond monitor

I am trying to set up a second monitor on my Dell all in one It does not have a VGA outlet which the ACER monitor uses as one input. The ACER also has HDMI.

I connected HDMI and changed the settings on the ACER monitor to accept HDMI. I get an error message "cable not connected." I purchased and HDMI to VGA cable, attached it and changed settings back to VGA on the monitor. I still get the error message, "cable not connected."

What can I do to make the ACER monitor recognize it is connected to the DELL all-in-one

:)

Rea[]y, Jan 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Setting up ssecond monitor - Similar Threads - Setting ssecond monitor

2. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  3. 2nd monitor set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor set up: When attempting to connect 2nd monitor to pc running a hdmi cable from 2nd monitor to a dvi/hdmi adapter on computer I lose video display on the 1st monitor? How can this be fixed?Thank you.pm...
  4. Dual Monitors Set up

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors Set up: Hi All, HI hope someone could help me with this and explain to me what to do in the easy way. I have HP computer with windows 10 Version 1909( 18363.1440) . I used 2 monitors one Dell ( plugged via HDMI) and one Samsung (connected via VDI) and this set up worked for me just...
  5. Monitor Set Up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Set Up: I’ve got two systems that I’d like both to share dual monitors. Is there a switch that exists that would allow me to do this? submitted by /u/Mobilematt1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isvesy/monitor_set_up/
  6. 5 Monitor Set-Up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5 Monitor Set-Up: Hello! I am having difficulty setting up 5 monitors. I can't find a clear answer or solution for this issue anywhere! I can easily get 3 monitors to work. My graphics card GPU supports more than three monitors, I made sure when I bought it. Currently I only have the...
  7. Setting up multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up multiple monitors: Hello, can anyone help me to set up multiple monitors. I got the dual adapter and am able to see two screens, but I want them extended. When I hit the extend button from Windows key+P, nothing happens. When I detect monitors from settings it says its not finding one to...
  8. Setting up 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting up 2 monitors: I have just built my desktop with Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 6gb GPU. I have two older monitors (but still very good) with VGA plug. I have purchased two adapters (HDMT/VGA, DP/VGA) so I can plug them in the GPU. I want to have two monitors running simultaneously for my video...
  9. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have my second monitor connected to my lap top. it's dell latitude e6400 and I was running it in windows 7 and everything was fine but I had to upgrade to win 10 cause of my work and now suddenly win 10 can't detect my second monitor. it's connected via VGA cable. I've...
  10. Dual monitor set up

Dual monitor set up: I have two monitors set up and I was messing with the display and then I ended up pressing the make this my main display button. It changed some settings but I figured it was fine. Then when I tried to use fullscreen on any app on one display and went to the other to do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi port not working on dell laptop