Windows 10: Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be...

Discus and support Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I started to set Windows 10 up yesterday; I don't know how I got past the login page but I did. When I went to finish up and start using my new laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Stella2006, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be...

I started to set Windows 10 up yesterday; I don't know how I got past the login page but I did. When I went to finish up and start using my new laptop, I was prompted to enter my Microsoft password. I don't recall what it is so I was given the option of receiving a text at the number on my account - I no longer have that #. At that point I was instructed to go my account to update phone #. I updated my phone # address. When I tried "forgot my password," I received this message:
    "k__---@___l.com
    You can't access this site right now

This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info updates on 2/17/2020 you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code."

According to this, I won't be able to change my password for a month which means I can't access the new laptop.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

:)

Stella2006, Jan 18, 2020

2. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

I can´t find anything that addresses my actual problem.I have seen that others have also experienced this problem but I have not found a solution that works. My ProBook was originally Win 7 pro, updated to Win 10 pro but HP won´t update because of its age (for me, brand new-just bought it a few days ago) so I don´t really know what to do. Sure, just a minor glitch but a very irritating one (that orange is just way too bright!) that should be a snap to fix (or not-I don´t know, I think my 4 year old granddaughter has better computer skills than I do!) English is not the default language so many of the commands must be translated-just another hassel to deal with. I finally found the systemconfig. box. Selective start and discovered that ALL the service boxes are checked. Good, bad, doesn´t make a difference: I just don´t know.

mrsnakeman, Jan 18, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be... [​IMG]

Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be... [​IMG]

zbook, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be...

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

For my model only up to win7 is listed and HP says that it does not provide win 10 upgrades for a laptop my age. Don´t know how to open or use msconfig-my computer skills are very selective and all in all very poor.

mrsnakeman, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be...

1. Setting Up Windows 10, Don't Remember Microsoft PW, Changed Addr. & Phone Today, Won't Be... - Similar Threads - Setting Don't Remember

2. Remembering settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remembering settings: You have recently solved a problem I had with the display which is a great success. This has led to another problem in that the machine does not remember the settings when I turn the machine off. My old machine does this without difficulty....
  3. Will changing the primary Email addr on my Microsoft account one I used when setting up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing the primary Email addr on my Microsoft account one I used when setting up...: I used a gmail email address when setting up my [then] Windows 10 laptop in 2021. Last week I upgraded the laptop to Windows 11 Home, and have the "Sorry, events from this account can't be displayed" issue with the Outlook widget because my Windows login account was setup...
  4. Will changing the primary Email addr on my Microsoft account one I used when setting up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will changing the primary Email addr on my Microsoft account one I used when setting up...: I used a gmail email address when setting up my [then] Windows 10 laptop in 2021. Last week I upgraded the laptop to Windows 11 Home, and have the "Sorry, events from this account can't be displayed" issue with the Outlook widget because my Windows login account was setup...
  5. Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up

Don't remember PW for my DESK TOP screen to open up: I am trying to get into my screen lock on my Desk Top and it wanted me to come to Live.com to fix but The password was set-up with an old email address. How do I get back into my desk top?...
  6. Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Won't Remember Folder Settings: I'm running 1909 No matter what I do, it just won't work! I tried: View: List Sort By: Date Modified Properties -> Customize -> Optimize Folder for General, including subfolders. I also tried: View -> Options -> Change folder and search options -> View -> Reset...
  7. forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    forgot pc's pw and cannot open after changing microsoft' pw: i cannot open my pc1 for i forgot my pw. got directed to change(microsoft pw), so i changed several times, still pc won't open. used the other pc2 and changed again. still pc1 won't open...??? am totally confused....
  8. New laptop set up yesterday - Windows 10 locked up today

New laptop set up yesterday - Windows 10 locked up today: As helped yesterday I set up My Son's new ACER Laptop (ES1572 intel i3 core 3MB L3 Cashe 4MB RAM 1TB HDD). Task completed. Today it is brought to me with The Screen (locked up as found later) carrying the message indicating Microsoft configuring the computer and Please...
  9. Won't remember my settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't remember my settings: I am running on windows 10 64 bit upgraded from an 8. I working on an HP 15 laptop and I cannot get computer to remember my settings such as wanting to turn off the touchpad when I have the mouse plugged in but as soon as I restart it again it back to the way it was. 18955
  10. Windows explorer won't remember folder and icon settings?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows explorer won't remember folder and icon settings?: Here is my problem: I keep my folders in different settings, some with large icons, some with details view. Today they are all reset to details view, and items are listed by name. Every folder is reset to the same settings. when I try to change they always defaults to...