Windows 10: Setting up windows 10 education

Discus and support Setting up windows 10 education in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to ask something. If I am using Windows 10 Home on macbook with boot camp and without product key, therefore my Windows Home is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thanh Trung Pham, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Setting up windows 10 education

Hi,

I would like to ask something. If I am using Windows 10 Home on macbook with boot camp and without product key, therefore my Windows Home is not fully activated and right now I have access thanks to my university to the product key but the key belongs to Windows 10 Education. Can I somehow upgrade from "Home" to "Education", despite the fact I have not bought the full version of windows home?

Thank you

:)

Thanh Trung Pham, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Setting up windows 10 education

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Setting up windows 10 education

1. Setting up windows 10 education - Similar Threads - Setting education

2. Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation on Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation on Windows 10 Home: I would like to enable developer mode on my windows laptop, but the setting is disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-of-these-settings-are-hidden-or-managed-by/b3ff852f-4d43-469a-acaf-fc7f298fd6d0
  3. Proxy settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy settings: I had been getting "unable to connect" and then a second or two later, page loaded. Sometimes though, page did not load. I can imagine that internet connections are heavily loaded these days, but I thought I should check how Win 10 is configured. I did the 'upgrade' fairly...
  4. Apps & settings - Empty list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps & settings - Empty list: [ATTACH] Windows version 1909 Application Error when accessing Apps & Features from System->Storage->Apps & Features - System - Provider [ Name] Application Error - EventID 1000 [ Qualifiers] 0 Level 2 Task 100...
  5. How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When using a laptop for both Office and home, we often have to switch printers. Windows 10 doesn’t offer an easy way to switch printer, […] This article How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Hi all, Was wondering if I am supposed to have more options below 3D settings such as...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi all, Was wondering if I am supposed to have more options below 3D settings such as...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ky4ru [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fut2re/hi_all_was_wondering_if_i_am_supposed_to_have/
  7. Setting up a VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting up a VPN: When setting up a VPN, which address do I use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-a-vpn/23683ad0-f682-4e6f-9236-c2a64123199e
  8. Default App Settings Do Not Save on Restart or Reboot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default App Settings Do Not Save on Restart or Reboot in Windows 10: Ever since my latest Windows Update, my computer will not "remember" my default app settings after a reboot or restarting my computer. I can change the default apps while I am actively using the computer, but upon shutdown or simply restarting, those setting return to their...
  9. Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation: I have a key for windows 10 education and today after reinstalling it to a new ssd I’m getting ”Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation” notification on several settings menus. I have performed the installation twice now both times without connecting...
  10. Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings: Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings i want to activate my windows 10 education but my administrator blocked it i need assistance...