Windows 10: Setting up windows 10 education

Discus and support Setting up windows 10 education in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to ask something. If I am using Windows 10 Home on macbook with boot camp and without product key, therefore my Windows Home is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Thanh Trung Pham, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Setting up windows 10 education

Hi,

I would like to ask something. If I am using Windows 10 Home on macbook with boot camp and without product key, therefore my Windows Home is not fully activated and right now I have access thanks to my university to the product key but the key belongs to Windows 10 Education. Can I somehow upgrade from "Home" to "Education", despite the fact I have not bought the full version of windows home?

Thank you

:)

Thanh Trung Pham, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. Andre Da Costa, Mar 25, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Setting up windows 10 education

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Setting up windows 10 education

1. Setting up windows 10 education - Similar Threads - Setting education

2. Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey , I cannot access Windows security settings: Windows security application just hangs with a black window, and after a while it complains that Windows Security Service could not be started. i have tried wscvsc registry but it's not working. Please can anyone help me out...
  3. Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work: Typically, when I close the lid on my laptop, whatever is on the display moved to one of two external monitors. Today, my display froze, and I restarted. When I restarted, my monitor position had changed in the settings, and now, when I close my laptop, whatever is on the...
  4. Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work: Typically, when I close the lid on my laptop, whatever is on the display moved to one of two external monitors. Today, my display froze, and I restarted. When I restarted, my monitor position had changed in the settings, and now, when I close my laptop, whatever is on the...
  5. Windows 10 Education - closing lid set to 'do nothing' doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Pro Education Settings NOT WORKING and Notification panel settings "WiFi, and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Education Settings NOT WORKING and Notification panel settings "WiFi, and...: Hi there! I am using Windows 10 Education and I first kept getting error "windows insider build ran into a problem" and then my pc used to reboot. 2 days back i noticed that now I am unable to use the settings in the notification panel. I then tried to open settings and they...
  7. OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Group Policy Setting - Windows 10 v1909 Education: I have 2,000+ devices that are managed by Microsoft Intune. OneDrive is not loading properly on the devices. Users can access their files through a web browser, but OneDrive does not show up in file explorer. I found that the local group policy "Prevent the usage of OneDrive...
  8. Windows 10 for education: Some settings are managed by your organization

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 for education: Some settings are managed by your organization: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 for education with a product key that my university provided. After the install I logged in with my personal MS account this account isn't linked to any organisation and started using the system. After a while i noticed some of the...
  9. Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Education disabled settings by your organisation: I have a key for windows 10 education and today after reinstalling it to a new ssd I’m getting ”Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation” notification on several settings menus. I have performed the installation twice now both times without connecting...
  10. Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings: Activate my windows 10 education if administrator blocked the settings i want to activate my windows 10 education but my administrator blocked it i need assistance...