Windows 10: Setting up windows 10 on broken laptop screen and it won’t HDMI to tv, is there any way to...

Discus and support Setting up windows 10 on broken laptop screen and it won’t HDMI to tv, is there any way to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Back in December, I had a little rage out and decided to break my laptop screen. This week I decided to pull it out and try to set it up with windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BuckleyBoiii, May 25, 2020.

1. Setting up windows 10 on broken laptop screen and it won’t HDMI to tv, is there any way to...

Back in December, I had a little rage out and decided to break my laptop screen. This week I decided to pull it out and try to set it up with windows 10, considering it was on 8.1. But when I tried to HDMI it to my tv during windows 10 setup, it wouldn’t. Can anyone help me please and thank you.

submitted by /u/BuckleyBoiii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BuckleyBoiii, May 25, 2020

2. Connecting laptop running windows 10 to hdtv with hdmi

I'm not very tech savvy.

• I know how to run the HDMI cable between laptop and tv.
    • I know how to set my tv to use correct HDMI port.
    What I need to know is how I tell my laptop to recognize my tv and configure it to use my tv as a monitor.

Anyone that can tell me step by step how to do this in windows 10?

Thanks.

Edit 11:43 PM

Thanks for all the help. Hooked up the HDMI cable, plugged tv back in, started laptop up, switched the tv to correct HDMI port and viola...there was my laptop start screen on my tv! Didn't have to do anything but make a few display
    adjustments!

Thanks again, everyone.

MaryAnnBova, May 25, 2020
  3. da'viend Win User
    broken latop screen won show on tv when i use hdmi

i usualy use the hdmi to connect to my tv it worked fine. since the laptop screen broke,(asus windows 10), it doesnt show anything but the mouse and doesnt move to lockscreen, no shortcut keys work, except for the second screen butttom. this button i have
    to press before it connects to the tv and have to remember where the second screen option ususaly shows up, position the mouse (on the laptop with the broken screen and select it, after this i turn on the tv and see that problem, it may be a loading problem
    as on the broken screen after a long time i can see the windows ten logo screen that appears before i click it and go to the lockscreen. however this doent show on the tv and on the laptop i doesnt seem to move pass that piont even when i click it. i need
    your help do i just need a new screen or do i have a hardrvie problem now to add to my expenses???

da'viend, May 25, 2020
  4. Setting up windows 10 on broken laptop screen and it won’t HDMI to tv, is there any way to...

broken latop screen won show on tv when i use hdmi

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What do you mean by broken screen? Is it physically broken?
    If the screen is physically broken, I suggest you to contact the laptop manufacturer customer support for better assistance.

If you need any further assistance regarding Windows operating systems, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Setting up windows 10 on broken laptop screen and it won’t HDMI to tv, is there any way to...

1. Setting up windows 10 on broken laptop screen and it won’t HDMI to tv, is there any way to... - Similar Threads - Setting broken laptop

2. Lenovo Ideapad 3 Screen Broken and won’t connect to HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo Ideapad 3 Screen Broken and won’t connect to HDMI: Recently, my Lenovo Ideapad was working fine through HDMI, but recently whenever I connect my cable the monitor shows no signal. I have tried multiple cables, different monitors, keybinds and nothing works. I am fairly sure the laptop is still functioning as the screen still...
  3. Lenovo Ideapad 3 Screen Broken and won’t connect to HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 3 Screen Broken and won’t connect to HDMI: Recently, my Lenovo Ideapad was working fine through HDMI, but recently whenever I connect my cable the monitor shows no signal. I have tried multiple cables, different monitors, keybinds and nothing works. I am fairly sure the laptop is still functioning as the screen still...
  4. Laptop won’t display on screen after stuffing up settings to hdmi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop won’t display on screen after stuffing up settings to hdmi: Need help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-display-on-screen-after-stuffing-up/d2a9e49e-b565-4f5e-94a5-62266e5b6a74
  5. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  6. Hdmi - laptop - tv

in Windows 10 Support
    Hdmi - laptop - tv: Hi I recently installed win10 64 on my old Dell laptop. Ram:4gb, Intel core i3 cpu m330, 2,13ghz Graphic: Intel HD graphics I have a problem with connecting my laptop to tv using hdmi cable. First of all: it works if the tv is turned on first then laptop. If I try to do it...
  7. Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop HDMI into a 4K TV.: I'm trying to hook a (new) laptop into a new 4K TV to use as an external monitor. When I plug the HDMI cord in, Windows recognizes the 2nd monitor with all the settings but no signal shows up on the TV. I lowered the aspect ratio from the 4K TV in the adapter settings to...
  8. HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI laptop to TV - No Signal: I have a HP envy J140-na laptop. Specs: Core i5 4th gen, 8gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 840M 2gb graphics card, Intel HD 4600 onboard graphics,Windows 10 x64. I am trying to connect my laptop to a full hd HDTV, using HDMI cable, but the TV shows no signal, no picture or audio at...
  9. Laptop and Smart tv screen set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop and Smart tv screen set up: I have a laptop and a smart tv. I have connected both via an HDMI cable and currently have the screens mirrored. I am doing an online course and wish to be able to watch the online portion on the smart tv while completing tasks on the laptop. Does anyone know how to set this...
  10. hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi connection from laptop to tv screen: I was using hdmi cable to connect laptop screen to a tv screen. It was working well for a couple of days and 1 day it suddenly stopped. i tried to removing and reconnecting and it is still not working. Can any one please help....