Windows 10: Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.

Discus and support Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone.Firstly, I am using a Microsoft Surface Go and trying to set up Windows 10 again after factory resetting the PC.I accidentally installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joshua S. Ashmore, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.

Hello everyone.Firstly, I am using a Microsoft Surface Go and trying to set up Windows 10 again after factory resetting the PC.I accidentally installed a new driver for my keyboard and then afterwards my keyboard was completely not working. As well as my mousepad on the keyboard not working every few seconds. I found a guide that said that factory resetting the PC would solve my user error... However, now after resetting I have to setup Windows 10 once again and the keyboard issue is still not fixed.So essentially I have no keyboard to type in a user name for my PC and can not get past that sc

:)

Joshua S. Ashmore, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard.

1. Setting up Windows 10 with no keyboard. - Similar Threads - Setting keyboard

2. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  3. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  4. Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set: I just start learning Traditional Chinese but my keyboard doesn't have Zhuyin, so I decided to go with Pinyin and set the Character set to Traditional instead. But after using it for a while, I started getting Japanese Kanji instead of traditional character. Is this normal? I...
  5. Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set

Got Japanese Kanji on Pinyin Keyboard Traditional Character Set: I just start learning Traditional Chinese but my keyboard doesn't have Zhuyin, so I decided to go with Pinyin and set the Character set to Traditional instead. But after using it for a while, I started getting Japanese Kanji instead of traditional character. Is this normal? I...
  6. I have too many keyboard for what I have decided into the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have too many keyboard for what I have decided into the settings.: I want to know how to removes this keyboard and only keep the English US one : because after that, I'll just want to switch between french and us. And not all the english variants that exists.But I can't do that for no reason.Can you help me please ?...
  7. I have too many keyboard for what I have decided into the settings.

I have too many keyboard for what I have decided into the settings.: I want to know how to removes this keyboard and only keep the English US one : because after that, I'll just want to switch between french and us. And not all the english variants that exists.But I can't do that for no reason.Can you help me please ?...
  8. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 documentation, settings info, drivers, or manual...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 documentation, settings info, drivers, or manual...: Solution: Install the the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center . This will allow you to change settings and understand the functions of the keyboard even though this keyboard wasn't listed in the info for supported keyboards. [Link below]Even though the keyboard driver was...
  9. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 documentation, settings info, drivers, or manual...

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 documentation, settings info, drivers, or manual...: Solution: Install the the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center . This will allow you to change settings and understand the functions of the keyboard even though this keyboard wasn't listed in the info for supported keyboards. [Link below]Even though the keyboard driver was...
  10. Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 5000 documentation, settings info, drivers, or manual...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware