Windows 10: SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

Discus and support SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JeffA Warner, May 18, 2022.

1. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled scan task".How do I proceed from here to set up the task?Also, when I access Settings>Update & Security>Windows Security>Virus & Threat Protection, it displays "Malwarebytes Is Turned ON" with the various options. Below that, it has "MS Defender Options" with a toggle OFF/ON. It seems to default to

:)

JeffA Warner, May 18, 2022

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 18, 2022
  3. Task Scheduler-Windows Defender Scheduled Scan fails (quick scan)

It looks like you’ve added triggers to all of the Windows Defender scheduled tasks. All of these tasks are actually
    system tasks and they’re all being triggered automatically every day by
    Windows Automatic Maintenance – so it’s pointless to add another trigger to any of them (despite the fact that Microsoft published a bogus method for scheduling a scan by adding
    a trigger to the Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task):

Working...

There are multiple issues with scheduling a scan by adding a trigger to the
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task in the new release of Windows 10 (Version 1607), as I've explained in this thread:

Working...

Additionally, you might have an issue with the file path for the
    Windows Defender Scheduled Scan task that needs to be corrected. My recommendation would be to delete all of the triggers that you’ve added to the Windows Defender scheduled tasks, and then set up a daily Quick Scan with
    the proper method for scheduling any task in any version of Windows – the
    Create Basic Task Wizard. In order to avoid the new
    erratic scan issue that cropped up in Version 1607, you’ll also need to be sure that you
    don’t change the user account when you get to step 7 here – just leave the account for your task at the default setting:

Working...

GreginMich, May 18, 2022
  4. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

anhnguyen19G&H, May 18, 2022
Thema:

SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

1. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER - Similar Threads - SETTING DEFENDER SCAN

2. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  3. SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER

in Windows 10 Customization
    SETTING UP WINDOWS DEFENDER SCAN IN TASK SCHEDULER: I am attempting to set up a scheduled daily scan in Windows Defender using Task Scheduler. I am following steps outlined as follows:Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. At this point, there is no option or listing of "windows defender scheduled...
  4. Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help My windows defender scan schedule task is missing from the task scheduler.: The antimalware executable was using large amounts of my disk on task manager slowing down my pc so I searched online as to how to fix the issue, I came across this...
  5. Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler

Setting Up Microsoft Defender Full Scan in Task Scheduler: I have successfully setup a scheduled task to run a full Microsoft Defender scan Monday/Wednesday/Friday mornings. This points at the following path to run the MpCmdRun.exe program: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.2009.7-0. There are two folders in...
  6. Defender scheduled scan set up.

Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  7. Defender scheduled scan set up.

in Windows 10 Support
    Defender scheduled scan set up.: Moderators kindly move this post to relevant if required. I may have screwed up,advice welcomed . Task Scheduler > Libraries> Windows > Windows Defender . Objective to insert new task > Scan daily full scan @7.30am.Start date 03/03/2020 Double clicked Windows defender...
  8. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  9. Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings

Scheduling Windows Defender scan in Maintenance Settings: I've read here that one can schedule a scan in Windows Defender by using Maintenance Settings. They say to go: CONTROL PANEL > SECURITY & MAINTENANCE > MAINTENANCE CHEVRON > "CHANGE MAINTENANCE SETTINGS" Yet, as can be seen from my screen capture below, Maintenance...
  10. Build 10074 Windows Defender scheduled task scans ?

Build 10074 Windows Defender scheduled task scans ?: I installed Build 10074 as a clean install in a VM. I see Windows Defender running a quick scan MANY times per day. I would prefer it run a quick scan once a week. I disabled the built in Windows Defender Scheduled Scan scheduled task. Windows re-enabled the task, and...