Windows 10: Setting up Windows Hello

Discus and support Setting up Windows Hello in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 530. It comes with a fingerprint scanner and a webcam and runs on Windows 10. But when I go to sign-in options, it says my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PoojaSrinath, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Setting up Windows Hello

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga 530. It comes with a fingerprint scanner and a webcam and runs on Windows 10. But when I go to sign-in options, it says my device is not compatible for Windows Hello. I checked all the compatible devices and it should work on mine. How do I solve this?

:)

PoojaSrinath, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Vicky Acs Win User
    Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Apr 30, 2019
  4. Setting up Windows Hello

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

Setting up Windows Hello

1. Setting up Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Setting Hello

2. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  3. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  4. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  5. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  6. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

7. Windows hello pin not setting up properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello pin not setting up properly: I’ve been trying to log into the Xbox app on my dads computer but it asks for a windows hello pin. I go to create a pin and type in a pin code but when i click ok the loading wheel appears and keeps being there until my screen goes black from inactivity, when i move my mouse...
  8. Windows hello pin not setting up properly

Windows hello pin not setting up properly: I’ve been trying to log into the Xbox app on my dads computer but it asks for a windows hello pin. I go to create a pin and type in a pin code but when i click ok the loading wheel appears and keeps being there until my screen goes black from inactivity, when i move my mouse...
  9. Windows hello pin not setting up properly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Windows security hello pin set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security hello pin set up: I have tried to set up new hello pin,When am tying to set up pin,after I given pin it has to direct a message that pin has created, but it still shows me the windows security set up pin page .I have tried everthing and even I tried to sing-in with new windows account but the...