Windows 10: Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...

Discus and support Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. Hoping you can help me. I recently bought a new Windows 11 laptop for a family member and wanted to set it up for her using her existing Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cosmo Lightwave III, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...

Hi. Hoping you can help me. I recently bought a new Windows 11 laptop for a family member and wanted to set it up for her using her existing Microsoft account which she uses on an old laptop we are replacing soon, but due to me making a mistake and rushing the process late at night when I wasn't at my best, I got confused with what was being asked of me in the Windows set-up prompts and instead put my own Microsoft account details in. Now the new laptop carries my name and has my microsoft account on, along with all my files on OneDrive - none of which I wanted. What can I do to start again wi

:)

Cosmo Lightwave III, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 29, 2022
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jun 29, 2022
  4. Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...

1. Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing... - Similar Threads - Setting change registration

2. How to remove existing Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove existing Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration?: Have an existing Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration, is it possible to remove it? I’m unable to see any other options to cancel it when I clicked on the manage button.How would this Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration affects my user...
  3. How to remove existing Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove existing Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration?: Have an existing Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration, is it possible to remove it? I’m unable to see any other options to cancel it when I clicked on the manage button.How would this Windows and Windows Phone Annual Developer Registration affects my user...
  4. Setting up a new PC!

Setting up a new PC!: Hi again, is changing stuff to a new PC very daunting? I have had my Lenovo laptop about 7 years now, I am thinking of buying a new one maybe Desktop this time. Am I right in saying because I have a Microsoft account it is pretty straightforward? I sync most things to...
  5. When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?: I am setting up a new pc and don't what to uses a PIN. Is there a way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-setting-up-a-new-pc-how-do-you-not-set-up-the/eafc58e6-072f-40d1-a26d-eb2d6524833a
  6. When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?

When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?: I am setting up a new pc and don't what to uses a PIN. Is there a way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-setting-up-a-new-pc-how-do-you-not-set-up-the/eafc58e6-072f-40d1-a26d-eb2d6524833a
  7. Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...

Setting Up Windows on a New PC - how do change the registration of Windows to an existing...: Hi. Hoping you can help me. I recently bought a new Windows 11 laptop for a family member and wanted to set it up for her using her existing Microsoft account which she uses on an old laptop we are replacing soon, but due to me making a mistake and rushing the process late at...
  8. how to change the pinkish hue in settings that do not exist

in Windows 10 Support
    how to change the pinkish hue in settings that do not exist: hi there, I'm still struggling with the reduced settings capabilities in Windows 10. In prior versions of Windows, I could change colors and fonts for various windows components (background, title, etc). While this extent of these settings was gradually reduced from say...
  9. Best way to set up a new PC to match existing old PC - possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best way to set up a new PC to match existing old PC - possible?: My current PC (Win 10) has 4G RAM and is +10 yrs old. According to Google the RAM is not upgradeable. I am considering upgrading to a new PC. All my music/photos/documents are backed up via MR to external HDD. I am dreading setting up a new PC. There is so much stuff to...
  10. setting up a new pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    setting up a new pc: Setting up a new pc when i entered my account and password it just stays on the account tab saying just a moment. what can i do to move on setting up my PC?...