Windows 10: Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

Discus and support Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fishswimthesea, May 13, 2022.

1. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to the same software. One of the user accounts has a problem with Settings > Personalization > Taskbar where the “Use Peek to preview the desktop…” is grayed out. How can I get that ungrayed so it can be used? None of the other accounts have this problem. Attached are a couple of screenshots. The Performance Options > Visual Effects screenshot is from the administrator account.

:)

fishswimthesea, May 13, 2022
  2. BurtShah Win User

Aero Peek is not Working

I cannot see the Aero Peek. In my Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, under Preview desktop with Aero Peek, the box next to Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop is checked but is grayed out. Please help.

BurtShah, May 13, 2022
  3. Buggy taskbar Windows 10/ twitchy show desktop/ peek button.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s turn off the Peek option and check. Follow the below step.

• Right click on the Windows task bar and click on Properties.

• Uncheck the option Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Sow desktop button at the end of the taskbar.

• Now click on Apply and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, May 13, 2022
  4. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

Windows peek/taskbar Thumbnail not working (Help)

Hi Elias,

We may need to change some settings to enable the peek option. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Locate Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar option, turn it
      ON.

Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out 4e6ea8e8-0a25-4147-98c9-70329ee94095.png

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, May 13, 2022
Thema:

Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

1. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out - Similar Threads - Setting Peek preview

2. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to the same software. One of the user accounts has a problem with Settings > Personalization > Taskbar where the “Use Peek to...
  3. Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting "Use Peek to preview the desktop..." grayed out: My desktop computer has Windows 10 Pro. It is set up with five accounts: four user accounts and one administrator account. All accounts have access to the same software. One of the user accounts has a problem with Settings > Personalization > Taskbar where the “Use Peek to...
  4. taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing :: so taskbar use peek to preview is on but its glithcing : when i hover my mouse on the apps on taskbar it is glitching like the miniscreen is so oglitching...
  5. Nightlight settings are grayed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  6. Peek at desktop functionality

Peek at desktop functionality: I can't use peek at desktop unless I'm using a maximized window. I used to be able to peek at the desktop with multiple windows open, but this is no longer the case. The button doesn't even show up when I have side to side windows. Is there a way to bring back the old...
  7. Taskbar color setting grayed out

Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  8. Peek to preview the desktop

Peek to preview the desktop: Have this checked to put at end of taskbar,but it is very small to use.Is there a way to make larger?. In windows7 this was not a problem. I mean this is like 1/16 wide. 27291
  9. A peek into the WebAssembly Browser Preview

in Windows 10 News
    A peek into the WebAssembly Browser Preview: Following the introduction of asm.js, we have been working with other browser vendors including Mozilla, Google, Apple, along with the rest of the WebAssembly community group, to push the performance boundary of the web with WebAssembly. WebAssembly is a new, portable, size-...
  10. Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?: I have it enabled. But sometimes I have to move my mouse to the far right of the taskbar several times before it finally works. It's irritating. I don't understand why Microsoft didn't at least give us the option to put a Peek button on the taskbar like Windows 7 has. 26140