Windows 10: Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry

Discus and support Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I've recently been given a Windows 10 machine and I've noticed the trick of setting the HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop registry entries for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vincent Cerowski, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry

Hi I've recently been given a Windows 10 machine and I've noticed the trick of setting the HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop registry entries for WallpaperOriginX and WallpaperOriginY no longer positions the wallpaper where I want it on the screen.

Can anyone help? Thx

:)

Vincent Cerowski, Oct 28, 2020

2. Wallpaper setting reverts to Center when changing to new wallpaper

Hi Fereidoun,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while setting up wallpaper on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried setting a wallpaper with lower resolution ratio?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try clearing the wallpaper cache and see if the issue persists.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type appdata and hit
      Enter.
    3. Double-click on
      Roaming
      folder.
    4. Now open Microsoft folder and then
      Windows folder.
    5. Double-click on
      Themes
      folder.
    6. Right click on TranscodedWallpaper and click on
      Delete.
    7. Try setting the wallpaper again.

Method 2:

Create a new user account to isolate the issue related to user account corruption. Refer the article

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry

unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry

1. Setting Wallpaper Position using Registry - Similar Threads - Setting Wallpaper Position

2. How to change lockscreen wallpaper by using Windows SDK C++ or modifying registry?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change lockscreen wallpaper by using Windows SDK C++ or modifying registry?: Hi all.My Windows version is Windows 10 22H2 19045.2846, and I'd like to change my lockscreen wallpaper by using Windows SDK or dll function, but I can't find any function for it.I want to get a function, which is equal to [Setting]-[Personalize]-[Lockscreen...
  3. How to change lockscreen wallpaper by using Windows SDK C++ or modifying registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change lockscreen wallpaper by using Windows SDK C++ or modifying registry?: Hi all.My Windows version is Windows 10 22H2 19045.2846, and I'd like to change my lockscreen wallpaper by using Windows SDK or dll function, but I can't find any function for it.I want to get a function, which is equal to [Setting]-[Personalize]-[Lockscreen...
  4. How to change lockscreen wallpaper by using Windows SDK C++ or modifying registry?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Setting Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Wallpaper Problem: First of all, sorry for my bad EnglishI have encountered a quite annoying thing about setting wallpaper.Let say if I have a folder with hundreds of pictures, I scroll down to the bottom and found the one I like. But if I select "set this pic as wallpaper", the folder will...
  6. How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor

in Windows 10 News
    How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor: [ATTACH]If you cannot open Windows Settings, you can set desktop wallpaper using the Local Group […] This article How to set desktop wallpaper using Group Policy or Registry Editor first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Scrollbar "jump to position" setting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Scrollbar "jump to position" setting?: After 12 years of using macOS exclusively at home and work, my new job requires me to use Windows 10. I'm making the transition (had some experience with it from gaming on my Boot Camp partition), but like they say: it's the little things. In macOS there's a scrollbar...
  8. wallpaper setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    wallpaper setting: Hi All, Thank you for your time. I have an issue with my screen walpaper. So I have a HP Probook with Windows 10. When I sign in I see nice picutres with a location as well I think this is from windows spotlight feature I would like to replicate this on my desktop...
  9. Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to lock the wallpaper position?: I have a third party wallpaper changer that I like, but when I updated to Win 10 every change comes out as centered, with a boarder. No matter how many times I change it to "fill" next changes to "centered". I have plated with the settings in the program but nothing helps....
  10. Improve startup & shutdown using registry settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Improve startup & shutdown using registry settings: I'm servicing a Win10 computer that's somewhat slow at startup & shutdown: other than that it runs excellently. I had an article once that showed how to improve them with some registry settings and I had used it on a couple of other computers successfully. Does anyone know...