Windows 10: Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

Discus and support Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jlw1111, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Jlw1111 Win User

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

I can go to the Personalization settings and select an image, and it works fine. But for a few images, trying to set my background to them just changes the option automatically to "solid color" and my background becomes a black screen. I've tried deleting all the files in %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Themes, but that didn't fix it even after a restart.

Does it have to do with the image itself? It is quite large at nearly 30 MB, but it's worked before. I'm thinking it might be the new Windows 10 update.

System:

Windows 10 Home

Version 2004 OS Build 19041.572

:)

Jlw1111, Oct 23, 2020

2. change desktop background color

We suggest that you set the solid color first, and then change it back to the wallpaper image of your choice. Whatever solid color you choose will stay as is even after you've changed the background image to your preference.

Regards.

Patricia Yu, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 desktop background settings frozen on Solid Colors

Hi,

My Win10 desktop > Personalize > Backround setting does not allow changing to Picture or SlideShow. When I select either one, it reverts to "Solid color" option, and only allows me to select a solid color. I have checked ease of access and the desktop restrictions
    there are not applied, I have also renamed the Transcoded wallpaper file in appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/themes to _old which was suggested as a solution in one post. Have restarted laptop but no effect. I suspect I have hit a key while my laptop was
    docked since I faintly remember the desktop turning black.

What could have changed so that only solid colors are allowed as desktop background theme?

And yes, it's a business laptop with official windows license.

Thanks for any help.

Outi Kalska, Oct 23, 2020
  4. Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

Solid White as a Background

hey,

As I can see, no white background appears in the list of Solid colors.

You may google White picture, save it to the desktop and set it as desktop background.

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color" 2560x1440-white-solid-color-background.jpg

I have added one image here also, if you can see.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color"

1. Setting wallpaper to specific image sets background to "solid color" - Similar Threads - Setting wallpaper specific

2. Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper goes from picture to solid color.: Whenever I try to start a game or something my screen flashes black then my background goes from a picture I set to a Solid blue color and I have to change it back. What could be the problem?...
  3. Image not setting up as background.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image not setting up as background.: When I right click an image and choose to set as desktop background. Nothing happens. This is happening since my wallpaper changed to asus tuf gaming wallpaper by itself. I am on windows 10 and have received updates to shift to windows 11 but I have declined that for now....
  4. When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color: I can't change my wallpaper to certain files that I used before. It's frustrating that I can use other images but cannot use others even though it has the same dimensions and file extension....
  5. When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I change the picture of the background the settings go back to solid color: I can't change my wallpaper to certain files that I used before. It's frustrating that I can use other images but cannot use others even though it has the same dimensions and file extension....
  6. Wallpaper turn in to solid color whenever i set it to a backgroud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wallpaper turn in to solid color whenever i set it to a backgroud: Help it I tried copying the file but It doesn't work tried deleting the transcode wallpaper People suggested it in other forums please helps other wall paper are fine but mine is just like this sorry for the cover the 1st pic was the original wall paper and the second one is...
  7. solid color background

solid color background: Hello there , I've read somewhere that using solid color background in win7 would cause 30 sec delay in the boot up. what about windows 10 ? what is the best desktop background regarding performance in win10 ? thanks ....
  8. Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Setting a particular image as my wallpaper causes it to change to a solid color. Help?: Basically what the title says. I keep trying to set this image as my wallpaper and it just sets it as the color black. Only happens with one image. I’ve restarted and nothing changes. submitted by /u/smuckerssssss [link] [comments]...
  9. In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture

In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture: In personalizatoin settings background stuck at solid color and i can not change it to picture is there a way to change the background mode from registry i tried deleting TranscodedWallpaper and rebooting but it did not work i also tried using different theme from...
  10. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...