Windows 10: Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed

Discus and support Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've been looking around for an option like this. What I want to happen is just close my laptop lid, and have it log me out/switch user, such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EvanJacobs1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed

Hello,

I've been looking around for an option like this. What I want to happen is just close my laptop lid, and have it log me out/switch user, such that when I open my laptop lid again it requires a password. However I do not want my laptop to go into sleep mode as this requires me to press the power button again to wake it up. Is there a setting for something like this? Or should I just use the "Windows-L" shortcut and set the power setting to turn off the screen when I close the lid?

Thanks,

Evan

:)

EvanJacobs1, Oct 15, 2018

2. Enable Require password on Wake up Windows 10

To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest disabling and
    enabling
    the Require a password on wakeup settings on your power plan
    by following the steps below:

• Open the Advanced power settings for your current chosen
      power plan
    • Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
    • Set the Require a password on wakeup settings to Yes
      or No, and click on OK.

Once done with the steps, let us know how it goes.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Ignoring setting of "No Password Required"

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I've tried the suggestions from Amit, checked out the link he provided but no luck. Windows 10 still insists on having a password. There is only one account on the PC. It has administrator rights. Every setting
    I can find for passwords is set to no password required, yet Windows 10 requires a password when signing on to the local account.

Suggestions please.

RobertLarre, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Csaba_ Win User

Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed

My laptop with Windows 10 doesn't require password whenever it comes back from sleep even though it has been set as a requirement.

Original Title - Password

My laptop with Windows 10 doesn't require password whenever it comes back from sleep even though it has been set as a requirement.

• Control Panel/Power options/Require a password when the computer wakes/Change settings that are currently unavailable/Require a password/Save changes
    • Settings/Accounts/Sign-in option/ Require sign in/When PC wakes up from sleep
    I've tried these many times with a restart after set up but still doesn't work.

Is there a solution?

Csaba_, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed

1. Setting Windows 10 to require password after the laptop is closed - Similar Threads - Setting require password

2. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  3. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security settings closing immediately after closing: Whenever i open windows security, the window instantly closes. i've tried using sfc /scannow, reinstalling windows and checking for malware with Malwarebytes. However none of these solutions seemed to help me. i'm also missing the windows defender service and antimalware...
  4. windows security settings closing immediately after closing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. password required after waking

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    password required after waking: Hi there, My laptop now requires a password after waking from sleep mode, and it won't let me change this, despite me being the admin. I realize this is a security "feature", but it's unwanted, how can I remove this? Thanks for your help!!...
  6. Windows 10 Password requirement

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Password requirement: Windows 10 upgrade from windows 8 - I want to permanently disable ANY and ALL password requirements for MY LAPTOP whether I am online or offline. When I am in airplane mode, your ridiculous company refuses to give me access to MY LAPTOP. Yes, I have tried EVERY SINGLE...
  7. Remove the windows require username and password settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove the windows require username and password settings: Recently I've got a hardware problem, and the engineer that help me to fix my laptop re-seat my laptop before he change the hardware After that I find out that I need to login with my microsoft account password, I didn't knew it is nessecary because before this my laptop...
  8. Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Password - Require after Display is Off in Windows 10: W 10 the screen is set to go blank after 30mins. It becomes re-active by hitting "any" key. i.e.the desktop appears and operations can resume However this morning I had to enter a password to activate the screen to get back to the desktop. This is a first. Can someone advise...
  9. Require password after sleep.

Require password after sleep.: I need my Windows 10 computer to require my windows password after waking from sleep. All answers on the web point to either the 'Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Power Options' menu or the 'Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options' menu. I have checked both and the...
  10. Password Required after sleep

Password Required after sleep: I have suddenly got a power management problem. On first boot up the laptop fires up Win Home and does not require a password input. However if I close the lid, the laptop goes to sleep. open the lid press space bar and it now asks for the login password. I have run...