Windows 10: Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

Discus and support Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello Got a strange one with Windows 10 settings. If I attempt to go into Accounts then Email and Accounts, all I get a is a blank page. At the top... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by juiceof2limes, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

Hello

Got a strange one with Windows 10 settings. If I attempt to go into Accounts then Email and Accounts, all I get a is a blank page. At the top you can see it is trying to refresh the info. Likewise, if I click Sync your settings, again I get a blank page. If I then try and click another setting screen, it sits there for a while before jumping out.

Also if I try and click my account pciture from within Microsoft Store, and then click my name, no account comes up to log off or view. I should get the option.

I have searched the net for answers but cannot really find with the same issue.

Anyone seen this happen before or have an answer?

Version 1809

Thanks. Martin.

:)

juiceof2limes, Feb 6, 2019
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 6, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hi guys

I have same issue in safe boot mode with networking!

First of all it blocks the networking

Then states:

Settings cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

Yet clicking on windows i opens settings fine

It also states broadband blocked, yet I can happily get on the net but at first I couldn't.

When I asked about it the guy from Microsoft tech answers couldn't understand why I wanted to use safe boot mode with networking????????

After he did nothing to help but emailed some scripts which didn't refer to safe mode. I rebooted and suddenly safe mode with networking worked with the net but windows 10 still claims broadband is blocked!

Im also still getting the message on trying to unblock broadband:

cant be opened using the built in administrator account sign in with different account and try again.

What is going on there?

Lokiroarsamba, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

1. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening - Similar Threads - Settings Accounts Email

2. Email and accounts Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email and accounts Settings: On my computer I have a slightly lighter version of windows 10 and it seems that it didn't come with an option "Email and accounts" and I would like to know if there is any way I can activate this even if it is by a registry key or something of the type...
  3. Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts: Windows 11: Under Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts, I have the administrator set up under a Comcast email that is not compatible with Windows 11. When I click on Account Settings, Manage, I am prompted to enter a password for this Comcast account. However, this Comcast...
  4. Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts: Windows 11: Under Settings, Accounts, Email and Accounts, I have the administrator set up under a Comcast email that is not compatible with Windows 11. When I click on Account Settings, Manage, I am prompted to enter a password for this Comcast account. However, this Comcast...
  5. Your Email Account Settings Are Out Of Date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Your Email Account Settings Are Out Of Date: My dad's Outlook email stopped working a couple days ago and I can't fix it. It says Email account settings are out of date. I click fix it and let it go for 6+ hours and it didn't do anything. I Googled around and changed the time and date settings like people said but it...
  6. Setting an email account

Setting an email account: Split from this thread. Hi Am I permitted to jump in here or must I post a new query? I'm using Office 365 also am puzzled why you said above that Harley is using the Outlook desktop application? I have taken on my main account gmail but when I try to take on my email...
  7. Accounts "Sync your settings" crashes to desktop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Accounts "Sync your settings" crashes to desktop: Hi! I have a problem with my Microsoft account not syncing. I can see that it's not syncing as my account on my dad's PC has my old profile picture and the screen time changes my dad makes don't seem to do anything he has to use the "my parent is here" option on screen....
  8. Windows 10 email account settings and sync

Windows 10 email account settings and sync: I have a problem with the set up of a new computer with windows 10. Please note i have two seperate e mail accounts on the computer. One is through a Private domain which works fine and the other is a gmail account with a company domain managed by the company i work for. I...
  9. Email and Accounts Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email and Accounts Settings: Email and Accounts settings are not working in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-and-accounts-settings/36c1ffb5-aae4-494b-99a0-086029b88dbe
  10. Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Accounts - Email + accounts / Sync your settings not opening: Hello Got a strange one with Windows 10 settings. If I attempt to go into Accounts then Email and Accounts, all I get a is a blank page. At the top you can see it is trying to refresh the info. Likewise, if I click Sync your settings, again I get a blank page. If I then try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sync your settings not opening