Windows 10: Settings and Netflix will not open

Discus and support Settings and Netflix will not open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay, so for the past few days I have been trying to fix an error where I cannot open Settings, Netflix, and to a lesser extent Microsoft Edge (I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DuzMachines, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Settings and Netflix will not open

Okay, so for the past few days I have been trying to fix an error where I cannot open Settings, Netflix, and to a lesser extent Microsoft Edge (I use Chrome). I have tried to open Settings in numerous ways and it will not open. It will not flash or anything or give me a black screen. I just hit the button and nothing happens.

I have tried "copy and paste this code into Command Prompt or PowerShell Administrator" so many times I'm sick of it. What always happens is that the program says it does not recognize one symbol from the code (mostly an "=") and then I get a bunch of red text I do not understand.

The fixes that I have seen always say "Step 1: Copy and paste code," then "Step 2: Reset the computer" or "Step 2 make a new account and move your files". I do not know what I am doing wrong.

:)

DuzMachines, Sep 12, 2019

2. Netflix

Hi Marshall3,

There could be a number of factors as to why you are having issues launching the Netflix app. This could be caused by a software conflict or due to an issue with the application itself.

I suggest that you reset your Netflix application by following the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.

If the issue persists, you can consider uninstalling and reinstalling the device. To uninstall, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
    • Click the Netflix app from the list and then choose Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Netflix and Windows 10 .

Hi Nishkaam,

There's a possibility that the firewall or antivirus software on your computer is blocking the access to Netflix, we suggest disabling it first before connecting to Netflix. Follow these steps:

• Close the Netflix app.
    • Turn off the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • Now, launch the Netflix app.
    • Once it's connected to Netflix, turn back on the firewall and antivirus software on your computer.
    • You should be able to access Netflix now.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Settings and Netflix will not open

Netflix wont open Error code B2-F11 comes up

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    • what is the complete error message?
    Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of Netflix app from window Store and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to check for the updates.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter MS-settings: and then press
      OK. This opens Settings.
    • In Settings, go to Update & security > Windows Update, and then select
      Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Settings and Netflix will not open

1. Settings and Netflix will not open - Similar Threads - Settings Netflix open

2. Netflix not open in bluestacks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Netflix not open in bluestacks: am using windows 10 OS. netflix not opened in bluestacks & always shows the error message which is in the attached file. ple solve.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-not-open-in-bluestacks/71454b5e-30b9-4187-8c34-3dd0d94ce14f
  3. Netflix

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Netflix: [IMG] je n'arrive pas installer Netflix j'ai beau cliquer dessus rien ne se passe mais pour installer minecraft que j'ai acheter aucun pb auriez vous une idée j'ai reboot mon pc etc impossible Bonne soirée...
  4. please help... NETFLIX IS NOT OPENING ON WINDOWS 10 PC

please help... NETFLIX IS NOT OPENING ON WINDOWS 10 PC: How do I install Netflix on my windows 10 PC ? I opened the Netflix app on microsoft store. Nothing. Checked the settings. Refreshed. Checked updates. Still nothing....
  5. Run VBScript when opening Netflix App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run VBScript when opening Netflix App: Is this possible? I have a script that will turn HDR on/off in Windows and it works really well, but launching Netflix (the only reason I'd like to turn on HDR) from Kodi is clumsy and I'd like to have it run when I open the app. I tried Bill2's process manager already and it...
  6. Blue Screen on Opening Netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen on Opening Netflix: My PC has suddenly started to restart and show the 'blue screen of death' when i open netflix recently. Is there a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-on-opening-netflix/fbfdbff0-abfa-47a2-85ee-15a664793ddc
  7. Netflix

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netflix: I have a new computer and watching Netflix and while watching the movie keeps rebuffering. How do I fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix/711de70a-e405-46e3-a8c9-f12e1362cc35
  8. netflix problem

netflix problem: when I open app and click sign in nothing happens it asks for sign in again I already tried resetting app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix-problem/3f208b84-934b-472a-8fb1-dffa0a31b358
  9. netflix

netflix: Can I use Netflix on my laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netflix/aeb8ad9a-97b1-4e78-8213-4c1fd02d87d1
  10. Netflix

Netflix: I only noticed this last night but I can say before the November update Netflix worked fine. Also I spent almost 2 hours with Netflix in chat last night only in the end to be told they don't really have support for windows 10 yet and they just try to fly with what worked with...