Windows 10: Settings and other core features not working in version 1909

Discus and support Settings and other core features not working in version 1909 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Version 1909 Build 18363.592. I have multiple features that are not working, including project, connect to devices, search, etc. When I click the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Njihere, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Njihere Win User

Settings and other core features not working in version 1909

Version 1909 Build 18363.592. I have multiple features that are not working, including project, connect to devices, search, etc. When I click the shortcuts in the notification bar nothing happens. I tried to reset the settings app to fix this, but now the settings app won't work at all. I've restarted multiple times, tried to use the task manager to look for stuff slowing it in the background it just hangs. Just nothing seems to work.

:)

Njihere, Feb 16, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 16, 2020
  3. BUG in feature update to windows 10 version 1909 via enablement package (KB4517245)

This is the first time I've seen this 'fix'...didn't work here as the instructions could not be followed. Step 1: done., Step 2: done., Step3 no clue as I hit every item listed and nothing
    show your 'view installed updates'. Choose on the left or right-hand side....nothing updates I could find..

stevecramer2, Feb 16, 2020
  4. KYKaren Win User

upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909

I have the same problem as MICJMA22. (I might mention that I have no PAUSE or DEFER set.) However, I don't see any "above steps" for updating manually. Can you post these steps??

Or as in one of your other posts at Windows 10 pro 1903 will not update to Win 10 Pro 1909
    (January 19, 2020) in which you mention having seen some comments via Google about the "Download and install now" button for "Feature Update Windows 10, version 1909" no longer appearing and some mention of possible compatability issues, you said:

"So, it sounds like MS is trying to fix a problem that will not allow update version 1909 to show up. This problem was caused by a previous MS update.",

would you now recommend waiting to see if the Feature Update, version 1909 Download and install button appears on its own later?

KYKaren, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Settings and other core features not working in version 1909 - Similar Threads - Settings core features

2. Media feature for version 1909 missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media feature for version 1909 missing: So one day I tried to play my videos but when I opened the video it said that there was a problem. I ignored it and moved on. Another day, I tried to download PS4 Remote Play. but it didn't work. It told me I needed to download media feature pack. It gave me the link to...
  3. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909: whenever I tried to update it is showing pending download. After few minutes it showing downloading 0%. after couple of minutes it showing installing 7% and gets stuck there. This is repeating every time whenever I tried to update. Help me![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  4. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909: I am getting an error message, repeatedly after following various suggestions online, with error message "Failed to install on ‎7/‎2/‎2020 - 0x80240034." I haven't been able to update Windows 10 since May 2018. Is there a solution? John...
  5. Feature update to Windows,version 1909

Feature update to Windows,version 1909: I want to know the size of the update. Is it possible to download it over a period of time or it should be downloaded at one gowithout switching the laptop off. I can use only 1.5GB of data for a single day. Pls help me to solve the problem......
  6. Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1909

Feature Update to Windows 10, Version 1909: Hi. I am trying to download the feature update to version 1909. I will just give an account of what has happened till now, because I have no idea where or what has went wrong. I tried to open a .xaml page in VS Community, but it said that to render the viewer, my PC needs...
  7. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909: This update is sitting in my Windows Update area. It obviously isn't important because it would have installed the usual way. I'm already running 1909. There is no link or anything I can click on to see what these new features are. There is only an option to download and...
  8. Windows 10 feature update to version 1909

Windows 10 feature update to version 1909: I have a PC Dell XPS8900 running on Windows 10 version 1809 and I attempted to install version 1909, but it failed with message "Last failed install attempt on ‎08/‎01/‎2020 - 0xc1900101". I have checked that all the drivers are up to date, but it doesn't offer the update to...
  9. Feature Update version 1909

Feature Update version 1909: Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1909 is still offered as an optional update. Frankly this update being offered as optional makes me hesitate if I should go ahead to apply it or wait until it is offered as a necessary, not an optional update. I am under the impression...
  10. Optional Feature Windows 10 version 1909

Optional Feature Windows 10 version 1909: Currently Windows Update reflects an optional Feature Update to Windows 10 version 1909. However, no information about the update is given and I am in two minds whether to choose to download and install the update or not. How do I ascertain details relating to the...