Windows 10: Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

Discus and support Settings and search bar of start menu not working. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zubayer Afsan, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working.

:)

Zubayer Afsan, Jun 22, 2022

2. Start Menu Search not working

Hi Dev,

I followed the above step, did not work for me. Searching in start menu is very slow. Please suggest appropriate solution.

Regards,

Bhavesh

BhaveshKirange, Jun 22, 2022
  3. quick search does not contains link inside start menu

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below Suggestions:

1. The Search bar in Widows 10 is more fast and easy. You can search your program by typing it in Search bar.

2. You can use the exact interface of Start menu of Windows 8 in Windows 10. Follow the steps below.

• Click Start menu and select "Settings".
    • Click on "Personalization" and select "Start".
    • Turn "Use Start full screen"
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 22, 2022
  4. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

Fix problems with the Start menu

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 22, 2022
Thema:

Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

1. Settings and search bar of start menu not working. - Similar Threads - Settings search bar

2. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  3. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  4. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My search bar and start menu not working.

My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  6. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  7. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  8. Settings and search bar of start menu not working.

Settings and search bar of start menu not working.: I was facing some issues with the latest Windows 10 KB5014699. So I uninstalled that version. Now, when I try to open settings it just briefly flashes and disappears. And my windows search bar also not working....
  9. start menu search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  10. Start menu and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...