Windows 10: Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart

Discus and support Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am currently on Windows 11 Build 22H2 23451.10000 .A couple of days ago, after the updates were installed, I restarted my system. Since the restart,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Satyam_Mishra, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart

I am currently on Windows 11 Build 22H2 23451.10000 .A couple of days ago, after the updates were installed, I restarted my system. Since the restart, I was not able to open Settings, Task Manager, or any other WinUI Application such as Calculator, Clock, Windows Security, etc. Here is how they behave:1. Task Manager: On starting task manager by any means, the Task Manager Window pops in, but only "Task Manager" title bar is visible at the top. After about 10 seconds, the window closes by itself.2. Settings, Calculator, Windows Security, Media Player: Only splash screen with logo is seen, a

:)

Satyam_Mishra, Jun 9, 2023
  2. imanalien Win User

No restart button in task manager

another easy way to kill tasks, download and install Winaero Tweaker(free) and theres a setting to add a Kill non responding tasks using the desktop right click menu. When you place your cursor on the desktop anywhere and right click the option is at the top of the list, Very handy and you dont have to go through all those steps and well Winaero Tweaker has alot of cool Windows tweaks. Just posting a different suggestion, Im sure your ok with what was suggested here.

imanalien, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Microsoft Edge / DUI70.DLL causes Task Manager to crash.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the latest Microsoft Edge.
    2. Open Task Manager with "performance" (or any other than "processes") as default tab.
    3. Wait a few seconds.
    4. Switch to "processes" tab.
    After switched to "processes" tab, there's a small change Task Manager will crash (0xC0000005, faulting module: DUI70.DLL).

So I decided to use WinDbg and caught the crash into a MiniDump:

MiniDump: OneDrive

Hope you guys will fix bugs of Task Manager, it's very buggy. I encountered more crashes like 0xc0000409 NTDLL.DLL.

Redstone RedGreenBlue123, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart

Windows crashing after clicking PERFORMANCE tab under Task Manager

It doesn't work to me when choosing NVIDIA Graphic in the last step, so, I have to select integrated graphic in the last step and It works to me !!

Johnny_Wang, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart

1. Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart - Similar Threads - Settings Task Manager

2. Task Manager crashing right after launching it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashing right after launching it: I am working on a Dell Optiplex 7040 for a friend. The task manager crashes when trying to launch it. It only works in safe mode. I have run sfc scan, DISM commands and just completed a fresh install from the cloud. What is causing this to happen? What else can I try?...
  3. Task Manager crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes: On my new Windows 11 Dell XPS8960, Task Manager Crashes. Launching the Task Manager both from a Cntl-shift-Escape key and from Window CommandFLAG + X ->Task Manager, Task Manager Displays for a second and then leaves the screen.. Third attempt to capture a screen shot, of the...
  4. Task Manager crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager crashes: On my new Windows 11 Dell XPS8960, Task Manager Crashes. Launching the Task Manager both from a Cntl-shift-Escape key and from Window CommandFLAG + X ->Task Manager, Task Manager Displays for a second and then leaves the screen.. Third attempt to capture a screen shot, of the...
  5. Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart: I am currently on Windows 11 Build 22H2 23451.10000 .A couple of days ago, after the updates were installed, I restarted my system. Since the restart, I was not able to open Settings, Task Manager, or any other WinUI Application such as Calculator, Clock, Windows Security,...
  6. task manager crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager crashing: i had my entire pc freeze very quickly then task manager stopped working now every time i tried to open it now my task manager dosnt work when i open it and its icon is invisible...
  7. Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?: I am using the anti-distraction app "Freedom blocker" - which, as long as it is running in the background blocks distractions. It comes with a feature that blocks access to task manager for the duration of the block session so youc can't force kill your session. Ideally I...
  8. Task Manager Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager Crashing: Its an error with my Windows 10. When my Ram is not in use my Task Manager opens as regular. But when my Ram is in use or in other words, I am playing games, and I open task manager it Crashes. Every time I force open it, it crashes with much less delay then before and at one...
  9. Task Manager Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Settings: Time shows on Task Manager on Task Bar. Would like Date to show as well. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-settings/b9ff03b5-a332-4e45-8293-6993b0cf9b7b
  10. Task manager crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crash: Hi, I've tried to re-install windows several times prior to creating this thread, but i always encounter the same issue of Task Manager crashing and causing windows explorer to crash and it's annoying it usually does it for 30 minutes after the computer starts up then it...