Windows 10: Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10

Discus and support Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Ricardo and my problem is when I try to open the Systems option and on Devices option on Settings on Windows 10. Every time that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ricardo Ribeiro de Souza, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10

Hello, my name is Ricardo and my problem is when I try to open the Systems option and on Devices option on Settings on Windows 10. Every time that I try to open those two options, the Settings closes. On the quick actions, when I click on Connect or Project to connect my pc to another device, it closes as well. There's no Troubleshooter for this specific things, can somebody help me?

:)

Ricardo Ribeiro de Souza, Oct 1, 2020

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Oct 1, 2020
  3. otium Win User
    Add or Remove Quick Actions in Action Center in Windows 10

Hi,

I wonder if there is a way to turn on/off certain Quick Actions icons in the Action Center via the registry, instead of doing it manually as described above.

Before asking here I've wandered through some posts and searched the internet. I've noticed these keys:

1/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\

Here's a list of names of all the Quick Actions.

2/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ActionCenter\Quick Actions\UnpinnedByDefault

Here's a list of names of Quick Actions that should be Unpinned by default. If I add some here (based on the names in the list described above) and reboot it doesn't seem to work.

3/

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\ActionCenter\Quick Actions

The value PinnedQuickActionSlotCount here is set at 4, which is the amount of Quick Actions seen by default without expanding the view in the Action Center. I don't need to change this one so I haven't tried it.

4/

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Pinned

There seems to be a numbered list here of Pinned Quick Actions. The names are the same as in the list I mentioned in (1/). However if I remove some values here it also doesn't have effect (even after a reboot).

----

Conclusion: I haven't found a thing that actually worked. Did anyone figure this out already?

Thanks,

otium, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10

Not Receiving Mail app Notifications in the Action Center

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

In Windows 10, action center is where to find your app notifications, as well as quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps.

I suggest you to refer to the following article and check if it helps.

Change notification settings in action center

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10

1. Settings and the Quick action on Notification and Action Center crashing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Settings Quick action

2. Quick Actions on Action Center are not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Actions on Action Center are not working: I used to open the Action Center to control some features like: turning on Bluetooth or Night Mode, but suddenly it stopped working and all features are greyed out. On Settings menu, I can't select which Quick Actions I want because "Edit Quick Actions" doesn't open anything...
  3. Quick action in action center is unavailable

Quick action in action center is unavailable: Quick action in action center in my windows 10 is unavailable. How can I resolve thi issue? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-action-in-action-center-is-unavailable/a2f3af87-4233-40a0-849a-cade3adcdcaf
  4. Quickly tweak Notifications settings of an App from the Action Center

in Windows 10 News
    Quickly tweak Notifications settings of an App from the Action Center: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 Action Center is one stop place to receive and manage all notifications. Every other app hook into the Action Center, notifications become a burden. Every morning, I end up clearing all notifications. The only drawback is that you [...] This post...
  5. No notification in action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  6. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  7. Quick Action Notification's

Quick Action Notification's: Hi, Of course I realize it's still early on in the process of development of windows 10..currently I'm using build #9926..like I guess most of us are (I can hardly wait for the next build). I'm trying to determine if there's a way to disable the 'VPN' button..it seems to...
  8. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  9. Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile: How to: Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10 Mobile How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions on Windows 10 Mobile Phone [img] Information Windows 10 Mobile puts important notifications from your apps just a swipe away in action center, along with...
  10. Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10: How to: Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 How to Rearrange Action Center Quick Actions in Windows 10 The Action Center has personalized quick actions at the bottom to be able to easily toggle on/off or open items such as Airplane mode, All settings,...