Windows 10: Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open

Discus and support Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently my computer running windows 10 has become unable to open any settings menu including my WiFi settings. If I click on the icon a loading screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbePiedmont, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open

Recently my computer running windows 10 has become unable to open any settings menu including my WiFi settings. If I click on the icon a loading screen will pop up and my disk usage will spike to 100% in task manager, despite not having any other programs running or any apparent source of this spike. After 2-3 minutes on this page the settings menu will close abruptly and disk usage returns to normal levels. In addition and possible relation other Microsoft apps, such as Microsoft Solitaire Collection, demonstrate similar crashes when I attempt to use them in a way that connects them to the internet. Any solutions or help would be appreciated. I have attempted to boot my computer into safe mode to see if that changes anything to no avail.

:)

AbePiedmont, Apr 5, 2019

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, Apr 5, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Apr 5, 2019
  4. Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open

1. Settings and WiFi Manager freeze/won't open - Similar Threads - Settings WiFi Manager

2. Wifi Tile Missing, Settings Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Tile Missing, Settings Freezing: For some reason my computer will randomly have connection issues. I go to check if my wifi is still up and the wifi tile in my settings is just completely gone. I try to go through my settings and when I click on network settings, the window freezes. Restarting my computer...
  3. Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app: I have this problem with the Settings app freezing in the resolution settings page.Right clicking on the desktop and selecting the resolution settings Windows is in Greek language gives me the Gear icon, stuck. I need to close the window, wait a few seconds and the rest of...
  4. Wifi settings not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi settings not opening: My pc's wifi settings are not opening some time ago I removed my pc's wifi due to some problem and then I was using Ethernet after I removed my wifi then my network settings does not open it shows the settings opening but then it just close the settings tab everything is...
  5. Settings Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings Won't Open: Hello there, I have an issue on my Windows 10, Whenever I try to open settings it immediately closes after 1 seconds... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-open/79b833e7-fde0-412b-9cff-33c7c7584114
  6. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings won't open: Hi, I recently just bought a surface pro, after a couple of updates I went to use it, but when I try to open settings, the settings logo comes up on the window but it just closes after a second. I tried pretty much everything I could find on other threads, switching accounts,...
  7. Network Disconnects and Wifi Settings Won't Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Disconnects and Wifi Settings Won't Open: I am having an issue with my connectivity that started yesterday - My connection disconnects after a certain amount of data usage could also be after a certain amount of time after booting - Once it disconnects, anything WiFi related basically crashes or doesn't work....
  8. Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalized Settings Unresponsive (task manager won't open): Hello, I've seen a lot of posts saying that the black screen and personalized settings being unresponsive is normal after a windows update. But no matter what I do nothing is working. I can do CTRL + ALT + DEL, and I can see all my options there, but when I click on Task...
  9. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings won't open: When I click on Windows logo and click on Settings, Settings doesn't open. I also did a search for Settings in the search box. It gave a list of settings that I could open but none of them opened the a Settings box when I clicked on them. How can I fix this?...
  10. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings won't open: The settings app won't open on my laptop running windows 10. I'm aware that this is a common problem but the troubleshooter released by microsoft doesn't work for me, as it fails to detect a problem. I'm also aware that there is an update to fix this issue, but I can't access...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings wifi wont open