Windows 10: settings app cant be opened

Discus and support settings app cant be opened in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The settings app cannot be opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mary_01Fajilan, Jul 29, 2018.

1. settings app cant be opened

The settings app cannot be opened

:)

Mary_01Fajilan, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 29, 2018
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 29, 2018
  4. settings app cant be opened

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

settings app cant be opened

1. settings app cant be opened - Similar Threads - settings app cant

2. cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled: All of my windows apps are greyed out/disabled or something? Including my settings, so i can't even try to fix the issue with normal tutorials or fixes. Also my microsoft store isn't/can't update apps or such including itself for some reason. All of the microsoft apps are...
  3. cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant open settings all microsoft apps are disabled: All of my windows apps are greyed out/disabled or something? Including my settings, so i can't even try to fix the issue with normal tutorials or fixes. Also my microsoft store isn't/can't update apps or such including itself for some reason. All of the microsoft apps are...
  4. BIOS setting cant open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS setting cant open: I can’t open my bio settings, when I do, it shows a black screen with with white letters that say: Family control serie. Failed.Does someone have an solution, I really need to fix this. My computer has a setting disabled in bios....
  5. i cant open the settings app on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant open the settings app on windows 11: ive tried practically everything yet i still cant open up the settings app, i am very fustrated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-settings-app-on-windows-11/c1707f37-5b29-497c-ab4b-730eae92bd25
  6. i cant open the settings app on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant open the settings app on windows 11: ive tried practically everything yet i still cant open up the settings app, i am very fustrated! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-the-settings-app-on-windows-11/c1707f37-5b29-497c-ab4b-730eae92bd25
  7. Cant open settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open settings: When ever I open setting it says there is a problem with settings and refreshing your computer might help but I've already factory reset my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-settings/4930b57c-97b7-4e61-bd74-5aee17cfa2fb
  8. cant open apps.

in Cortana
    cant open apps.: cant open apps see administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-apps/daca9c56-e2d9-4953-92e6-114d9a171375"
  9. cant open settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant open settings: cant open settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-open-settings/998f170f-1086-48ea-955e-200d89fd2e24
  10. This app cant open

in Browsers and Email
    This app cant open: I usually use Firefox but I have just recently done a clean install and have decided to to give edge a try. But something is happening that I don't understand. I'm not on my windows pro computer at the moment so I cant give you the exact error message or when it happens. From...