Windows 10: Settings app crash on start

Discus and support Settings app crash on start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a problem on my PC, I can't open the settings app. The splash screen appears, then after a few seconds the app crashes. Here is what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by actionthomas, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Settings app crash on start

Hi

I have a problem on my PC, I can't open the settings app.

The splash screen appears, then after a few seconds the app crashes.

Here is what I've got in my event log :

Nom de l’application défaillante SystemSettings.exe, version : 10.0.17763.1, horodatage : 0x9d9d9332
    Nom du module défaillant : Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version : 10.0.17763.1, horodatage : 0xa69151fc
    Code d’exception : 0xc000027b
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x0000000000707c32
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x23bc
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d465ff52eca0ae
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll
    ID de rapport : 85d56d9a-c33e-4069-87dc-52decfecc2e0
    Nom complet du package défaillant : windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

Thanks for your help

Thomas

:)

actionthomas, Oct 17, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 17, 2018
  3. ALL WINDOWS 10 APPS CRASH AT THE START!!!

Hello,

To determine the solution for your Windows 10 apps crashing problem, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were the apps, referred to your query, downloaded from Windows Store?
    • Were there changes made prior to the issue?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you have performed in an attempt to resolve the problem?

We look forward to your response.

Vanessa Oca, Oct 17, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

Settings app crash on start

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Settings app crash on start

1. Settings app crash on start - Similar Threads - Settings app crash

2. apps crashing in start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps crashing in start: I have Windows apps trying to open and it all crashes when I try it. I check if there are updates on the apps but all are up to date in store. Maybe it will fix by windows update so I updated my Windows but still crashes. I dont want to download 3rd party since Microsoft apps...
  3. apps crashing in start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps crashing in start: I have Windows apps trying to open and it all crashes when I try it. I check if there are updates on the apps but all are up to date in store. Maybe it will fix by windows update so I updated my Windows but still crashes. I dont want to download 3rd party since Microsoft apps...
  4. settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings app crashes: I'm trying to reset my laptop and when I go to settings> Update and Security and press the recovery button, the settings app crashes. Similarly when I search 'Reset this PC' and press 'Enter', It crashes without any errors.I'm using windows 10....
  5. Settings App Crashed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App Crashed: Hi! I just recently installed a new font through settings app in Windows 10. The installation is successfull. But, when I uninstalled the font. The settings app is not responding and crashed. I will attach the screenshot of the detail in Reliability History. [ATTACH]...
  6. Settings App crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings App crashes: Hey, today I was trying to manage my background apps but everytime I try to open the background apps tab in settings, the app crashes. I can't seem to find help anywhere in the internet. submitted by /u/UGAleo [link] [comments]...
  7. "Pin to start" crashing the settings app

"Pin to start" crashing the settings app: I wanted to pin windows update to start menu. So i tried opening the settings app and then right clicking on "update & security" to select the 'pin to start' option from the context menu. But the settings app freezes for few seconds and then crashes everytime i do this. Also...
  8. Settings app crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings app crash: Settings app crashes after clicking System or Display settings after installing the update. Current Windows version : 1903 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crash/981c8048-feea-4ea0-930c-521378fbe60a
  9. settings app crashes

settings app crashes: settings app crashes right after opening. tried several fixes found online, to no avail.... Help, PLEASE!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-crashes/955cc4e4-86ea-4ab7-8870-cbcafdf5675b
  10. Win 10 1709 Settings app starts then crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 1709 Settings app starts then crashes.: I've just upgraded my Dell Latitude E6420 laptop from Win 10 Pro 1607 to 1709. The only problem I've found is that I can't run the Settings app. It starts, shows the blue 'flash' screen, then disappears. Watching Task Manager processes during this the Windows Problem...