Windows 10: Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

Discus and support Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by beatmonster113, May 27, 2023.

1. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 19045.3031 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0

:)

beatmonster113, May 27, 2023

2. Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 27, 2023
  3. settings refuses to open

Does it crash when opening from the Start (cog icon) and when searching for "Settings app" in Cortana?

Can you check if the Settings actually closes;

1. Click on Settings even though it will disappear.

2. Right click bottom of screen (taskbar) and select Task Manager. It should open in the Processes tab.

3. See if Settings is displayed in the list of processes.

The common solution provided in the forum is creating a new user account. The steps are here ->

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

Yasshiel Zhang, May 27, 2023
  4. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

Windows 10 Settings App Won't Open

None of these steps work. Without the settings app, creating a new profile is impossible. Also, the steps say to open the store, that app is also unavailable. I am unable to open settings, the store, and also unable to install updates. My computer
    constantly tells me that updates are required but the app crashes each and every time.

JeffRuffin32, May 27, 2023
Thema:

Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

1. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings - Similar Threads - Settings app crashes

2. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  3. Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app crashes every time I open taskbar settings: I can't personalize my taskbar like hiding unnecessary buttons but every time I open the taskbar settings the settings app crashes after about 3 seconds. I checked the Event Manager it shows:My OS information:System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Edition...
  4. Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.: Hello, I have restarted my pc, reset my pc but every time I try to open it, it would still crash. The whole settings works fine it's just the graphics settings that just doesn't work. Please help....
  5. Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.

Graphics Settings crashes every time I try to open it.: Hello, I have restarted my pc, reset my pc but every time I try to open it, it would still crash. The whole settings works fine it's just the graphics settings that just doesn't work. Please help....
  6. Settings app crashing every time I open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  7. Settings app crashing every time I open it

Settings app crashing every time I open it: My settings app crashes every time I open it, I've tried 5 different "solutions", tried reverting to an earlier version using system restore and even reinstalled windows but nothing has changed except I actually got an error message after one of them, as below:Does anyone...
  8. Bluetooth Settings for Surface Dial Wheel crashes settings app every time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Settings for Surface Dial Wheel crashes settings app every time: I have two machines both running Windows 11: Desktop and a Surface Pro X.I've tried connecting the Dial to both machines. The device connects and works as expected, but going into the Settings -> Bluetooth -> Wheel area immediately crashes settings every time on both...
  9. Bluetooth Settings for Surface Dial Wheel crashes settings app every time

Bluetooth Settings for Surface Dial Wheel crashes settings app every time: I have two machines both running Windows 11: Desktop and a Surface Pro X.I've tried connecting the Dial to both machines. The device connects and works as expected, but going into the Settings -> Bluetooth -> Wheel area immediately crashes settings every time on both...
  10. Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps & Features Settings "Crash" every time I try to open.: I started to notice issues about 2 days ago when my Google Chrome stopped opening, attempted to reinstall, it worked fine, then upon restarting my PC, it wouldn't open again. Then one of my Steam Games "Witcher 3" was not opening, attempted to reinstall, works fine now. But...