Windows 10: Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

Discus and support Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; To whom may concern:While in the settings app I try to access the apps section so I can move my apps on another drive. When I do get to the apps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bobby Burgess, May 28, 2021.

1. Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

To whom may concern:While in the settings app I try to access the apps section so I can move my apps on another drive. When I do get to the apps section on it's first page it crashes.I tried SFC and DISM: FailedI tried PowerShell: FailedAny fixes?Bobby Burgess

:)

Bobby Burgess, May 28, 2021
  2. Time Lady Win User

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

It’s a bug, you have to access Apps & features via System>Storage>Apps and Features and click on that. It will take you to the same as Settings>Apps. And, the Settings>Apps will not crash anymore.

Thanks to f14tomcat over on the ten forum.

Time Lady, May 28, 2021
  3. Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, May 28, 2021
  4. Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, May 28, 2021
Thema:

Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

1. Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section - Similar Threads - Settings app crashes

2. Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section: I can't even unstiall or reset any appsIncluding Settings anymore because settings keeps on crashing everytime I open the install app section, I've tried reseting it trough command prompt and powershell but it doesn't fix it, I've even tried to repair my windows 11 but It...
  3. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  4. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  5. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  6. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  7. Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes: When I try to open the "Network & Internet" section of Settings, the app crashes. I *can* open it when in Safe Mode. Here's the Event Viewer error record of what happens: Error when trying to open Network & Internet Settings: Faulting application name:...
  8. Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section: When going to Battery Settings via the battery icon in the taskbar or through the settings app itself, it starts to load the battery settings page before abruptly closing the window. I updated my Windows today, though I can't confirm whether the problem occurred before the...
  9. Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section

Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section: This is my new laptop HP Pavilion 15 dk-0050tx. From the very first day i am seeing that many times windows update section does not show all the options as it should. Screenshot attached. Sometimes it does show all the options. And in both condition if i click on any of the...
  10. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section: My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk...