Windows 10: Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows"

Discus and support Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently turned off the search indexing in my laptop and now I want to turn it back on, But now when I open the "Searching Windows" section in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MukulDas, Jan 21, 2021.

1. MukulDas Win User

Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows"

I recently turned off the search indexing in my laptop and now I want to turn it back on,

But now when I open the "Searching Windows" section in "Search" section, the settings app crashes.

I tried restarting, but it in vain.

Laptop- HP Pavilion Gaming 15 - bc406tx

Windows- Windows 10 Home version 1909

OS Build- 18363.1198

I hope, I have given the required information

Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows" efc161f2-9057-4b68-9425-73eae2e1ac63?upload=true.png

:)

MukulDas, Jan 21, 2021
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Start menu Search can't click on search results leading to Settings pages + Settings search results not loading

Hello Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you further.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues with Windows in the following areas:

• Search Results in the Settings pane do not work.
    • The Search results through Search Bar in Windows is unresponsive or sporadic when it comes to basic functionality.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to try the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions
    to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box
      from the desktop.

2. Select the Troubleshooting option.

3. Select View All option and select the Search
      and Indexing

4. Click on Next to perform the Search
      and Indexing troubleshooter
      and follow the steps.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 2

Lets try to narrow down the issue, if the issue is at a specific user level.
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 21, 2021
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Search Question

Honestly, my best results searching for stuff here is to go to googlebing, search for "xxxxxx TPU" with xxxx being replaced by your keywords.

I did find some Steam discussions on it:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/201810/discussions/0/540742667591990026/

Audio on 5.1 sound system :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

Audio Fix for Voices :: Wolfenstein: The New Order General Discussions

I got these with: Wolfenstein new order 5.1 audio

rtwjunkie, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows" - Similar Threads - Settings app crashes

2. Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .: Hello, so recently I resetted my laptop because I wanted to organize my files from the start. One issue I found was finding apps like twitch and telegram in the search bar . But I could not open, it simply won't open . The icon is also not the icon, it's like a default icon...
  3. Search bar & Settings app

Search bar & Settings app: My search bar doesnt do anything when i click on it and when i try to open my settings app it doesnt open it closes before it opens ive searched the web but i havent found anything that works but i think its because of a windows update I NEED HELP...
  4. Windows search bar and settings app crash

Windows search bar and settings app crash: Hello,My problem is that, only when I start typing in the search bar or in the settings app, they both crash instantly.Without typing and just using my mouse, works fine....
  5. Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...

Windows Settings Crashes upon startup, Cortana/Search bar will not respond when clicking on...: Yesterday I noticed my computer would keep waking itself up from sleep mode without me touching it, I kept putting it back to sleep only for it to awaken again. So I shut off completely. Went to work and came back, turned on the PC and it said I had finished installing an...
  6. Windows search not showing settings or apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search not showing settings or apps: I recently updated to V 2004 and so far I had no issues whatsoever and kept doing what I usually did normally. One day when I booted, I went to search for a specific setting only to discover that nothing showed up except some random files that had the letters I typed in. Even...
  7. Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar search not searching within Settings app anymore?: Finally decided to wipe my computer and reinstall windows 10 and I'm having some problems with the taskbar search no longer searching options within the settings app. I used to be able to type "bluetooth" in the taskbar and it would bring me to bluetooth options in the...
  8. windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows photos app crashing when searching for photos.: Hi all My windows photos app is crashing when trying to search for photo's on my Iphone 11 , I am only trying to take around 1500 photos from it and still crashes. I see i am not the only one having this problem. I have tried everything to get it up and running. any...
  9. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section: My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk...
  10. regedit crashes when searching

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    regedit crashes when searching: On one of my Win10 systems regedit crashes on any search I try. Sometimes it will find a match but then continuing the search for another instance will eventually lead to a regedit crash. The symptom is that regedit looks active and the task manager shows that it is using 25%...