Windows 10: Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

Discus and support Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by johnwzr0113, May 23, 2019.

1. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk Cleanup. After it finishes scanning the disk, simply close it and the Settings app does not crash any more. However, this workaround only works before I restart Windows next time.

By the way, when do you plan to fix the broken and buggy Task View animations? And please bring back the transitioning effect between the main Desktop screen and the Shutting down/Restarting screen.

:)

johnwzr0113, May 23, 2019

2. Facebook app on windows 10 crash immedietly.

This does not help, but thanks for the suggestion.

mikeyjames1967, May 23, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Apps Crashing

Hi Serge,

Display driver and screen resolution can be one of the cause of apps crashing. If the screen is not in recommended resolution modern apps will not work same applies to Display driver. Follow the steps suggested in the previous post and let us know the results
    to assist you further. You may also check the date and time setting in your PC.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button. check if the date and time is correctly set.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, May 23, 2019
  4. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

TechPowerUp Android App 2016

Yep, just realize theres no emoticons
    And i dunno its from the app or something, sometimes i need to refresh several times to show the content

One more please add app update notification from the app or button for reporting bugs or suggestion

One suggestion, may you put menu on dropdown on top corner so we can move without pressing back again and again

Thank you

micropage7, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

1. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section - Similar Threads - Settings app crashes

2. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  3. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  4. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  5. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  6. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  7. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section: To whom may concern:While in the settings app I try to access the apps section so I can move my apps on another drive. When I do get to the apps section on it's first page it crashes.I tried SFC and DISM: FailedI tried PowerShell: FailedAny fixes?Bobby Burgess...
  9. When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.: So, I guess the last cumulative Windows 10 update broke the Settings app. I just debloated my system without breaking things. Last time I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 from 1903, and I've never had the problem with 1903. Last cumulative update probably broke the System tab in...
  10. Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!: When I tried to go to this direction, Settings>System>About, the settings app crashes once I click on the "About"' option ![ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings crashes when clicking on apps