Windows 10: Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

Discus and support Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I tried to go to this direction, Settings>System>About, the settings app crashes once I click on the "About"' option ![ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AymanFahd, Aug 13, 2018.

1. AymanFahd Win User

Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

When I tried to go to this direction, Settings>System>About, the settings app crashes once I click on the "About"' option ! Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option! aa98e5a0-f3a7-4948-8e47-378d40ab9aff?upload=true.png

:)

AymanFahd, Aug 13, 2018

2. Sd app saving MOVE option is grayed out it will not let me click on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this specific to games?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Apps Crashing

Hi Serge,

Display driver and screen resolution can be one of the cause of apps crashing. If the screen is not in recommended resolution modern apps will not work same applies to Display driver. Follow the steps suggested in the previous post and let us know the results
    to assist you further. You may also check the date and time setting in your PC.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button. check if the date and time is correctly set.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

Shadow Fight 2 Crashes

Hi Jake,

There's a lot of potential reasons why a certain game or app crashes. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problem with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Storage.
    • Select This PC.
    • Click Temporary files.
    • Choose Temporary files.
    • Click Remove files.

Step 3: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 4: Try to uninstall and reinstall the affected game.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

1. Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option! - Similar Threads - Settings app crashes

2. Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings is crashing when I click on Privacy Settings.: I have tried opening Privacy Settings directly by using search instead but it doesn't open. If I go to settings first and then click on Privacy, the window just closes. Any suggestions on what I can try to resolve this?...
  3. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  4. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app crashing when I click "Devices": When I go settings > devices it looks like it is about to go into the panel then the whole app crashes. I have had this problem for a while however have not been able to find a fix for it. It has not been an issue for me until I have been trying to access my bluetooth...
  5. Settings app crashing when I click "Devices"

6. The Settings app crashes on clicking 'Optional Features'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Settings app crashes on clicking 'Optional Features': Hi allI'm facing a strange problem I've never seen before.A few days back, I opened the settings app to check for updates. Then navigated to 'Advanced Options' to check if there were any optional updates. There was 1. When I clicked to open it, the whole settings app crashed....
  7. The Settings app crashes on clicking 'Optional Features'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Settings app crashes on clicking 'Optional Features': Hi allI'm facing a strange problem I've never seen before.A few days back, I opened the settings app to check for updates. Then navigated to 'Advanced Options' to check if there were any optional updates. There was 1. When I clicked to open it, the whole settings app crashed....
  8. Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows"

Settings app crashes when clicked on "Search > Searching Windows": I recently turned off the search indexing in my laptop and now I want to turn it back on, But now when I open the "Searching Windows" section in "Search" section, the settings app crashes. I tried restarting, but it in vain. Laptop- HP Pavilion Gaming 15 - bc406tx...
  9. When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.

When I click on System in the Settings app, it crashes.: So, I guess the last cumulative Windows 10 update broke the Settings app. I just debloated my system without breaking things. Last time I upgraded to Windows 10 2004 from 1903, and I've never had the problem with 1903. Last cumulative update probably broke the System tab in...
  10. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section: My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk...