Windows 10: Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

Discus and support Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been very annoying for me. It also takes way to long to load. I've already tried renaming a folder and using sfc /scannow and that didn't help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qwerty_1236, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

This has been very annoying for me. It also takes way to long to load. I've already tried renaming a folder and using sfc /scannow and that didn't help either.

submitted by /u/qwerty_1236
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qwerty_1236, Jun 22, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 22, 2020
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

Settings App Crash when opening Storage settings or Apps & Features

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Reset store cache

• Press Windows logo key + X and click
      Run.

• Type WSReset.exe in the empty space and hit ENTER.
    Try opening the Windows store and check for the issue.

If the issue still exists, try the next method.

Method 2: Try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

1. Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything? - Similar Threads - Settings app crashes

2. Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions Title.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions Title.: I was trying to turn on my mic through settings, but when I went to Privacy and Security and pressed Microphone, my settings gave a red screen for a split second right before crashing, I reset my pc but it still happened, then I found out it wasn’t just the microphone tab, it...
  3. Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions tab.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 settings Crash when I try opening anything under the App Permissions tab.: I was trying to turn on my mic through settings, but when I went to Privacy and Security and pressed Microphone, my settings gave a red screen for a split second right before crashing, I reset my pc but it still happened, then I found out it wasn’t just the microphone tab, it...
  4. Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings: Hello.My settings app crashes every time I open the 'power and sleep' settings in windows 11. When I try to open it, it freezes for a second and shows a blue screen before automatically closing and exiting the app. I had run some modification programs, but after the issue...
  5. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  6. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  7. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le1daz/settings_app_freezes_when_i_try_to_open_vpn/
  8. Settings App crashes when trying to change web browser default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App crashes when trying to change web browser default: Hello, I've found an issue where the settings app crashes when attempting to change the default browser from Internet Explorer to Chrome. This has happened on multiple computers. It happens when attempting the change both on the regular default programs page and on the set...
  9. When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes: It's been like this for a while now. I was hoping I could get an official Microsoft solution for this because the new account method and the PowerShell/Command Prompt method aren't working. Does anyone have a useful fix?...
  10. I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app

I can open settings but trying to click on anything crashes the app: Hello can anybody help me I have the latest update of Windows and my settings will open but if i try to click on anything the app crashes sending me back to the desktop. The same problem happens with Paint 3D....