Windows 10: settings app crashes

Discus and support settings app crashes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; settings app crashes right after opening. tried several fixes found online, to no avail.... Help, PLEASE!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JGreen3, Dec 7, 2018.

1. JGreen3 Win User

settings app crashes

settings app crashes right after opening. tried several fixes found online, to no avail.... Help, PLEASE!!

:)

JGreen3, Dec 7, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 7, 2018
  3. SETTINGS APP CRASHES

Hello, thanks for replying to my question. Fortunately, I was able to solve the problem before viewing your reply. I created a temporary new user account using command prompt and used the new user account to update windows 10. As soon as my windows 10
    is up to date the settings app no longer crash. For the time being, the problem is solved. If in the future this problem surface again I might try the steps you suggested.

Kelsey Mun, Dec 7, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

settings app crashes

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

settings app crashes

1. settings app crashes - Similar Threads - settings app crashes

2. System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl)

in Windows 10 Customization
    System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl): Hello, I'm having issues getting in any System setting window, making me unable to setup my monitors. After disabling error reporting briefly, I was able to get following error codes (picture added) The issue started on an older install, so in an attempt to fix it, I...
  3. Windows settings : "Background apps" crashes

Windows settings : "Background apps" crashes: Hello, I need to access the "Background apps" settings : [ATTACH] But it instantly crashes when I try to access this section. I tried a few things to solve this issue but nothing works and I can't find any solution on Internet (my Windows is up to date). Any...
  4. Crashing App

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Crashing App: I have a problem with Microsoft Solitaire Collection Daily Challenge. As soon as I want to start a game drop out. I used a Troubleshoot and reset the app, I tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, Update Microsoft Store , finally I reset my Windows 10. Nothing help....
  5. Settings app crash on start

Settings app crash on start: Hi I have a problem on my PC, I can't open the settings app. The splash screen appears, then after a few seconds the app crashes. Here is what I've got in my event log : Nom de l’application défaillante SystemSettings.exe, version : 10.0.17763.1, horodatage :...
  6. Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings

Settings app crashes accessing "Focus Assist" settings: Hi, I'm experiencing the following issue on a system I just fully reinstalled (i.e. including a reformat of the HDD; I'm now running build 17134.228). Every time I try to access the "Focus Assist" settings in the Settings app, it just dies. Any clue?...
  7. Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!

Settings app crashes when clicking on the About option!: When I tried to go to this direction, Settings>System>About, the settings app crashes once I click on the "About"' option ![ATTACH]...
  8. photos app crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app crashes: The Windows 10 update on 6/11/2018 has cause my photo app to crash immediately on startup. I reinstalled photo, but I continuously get a file systems error (-2147279796) come on MS get it fixed please !...
  9. Win 10 1709 Settings app starts then crashes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 1709 Settings app starts then crashes.: I've just upgraded my Dell Latitude E6420 laptop from Win 10 Pro 1607 to 1709. The only problem I've found is that I can't run the Settings app. It starts, shows the blue 'flash' screen, then disappears. Watching Task Manager processes during this the Windows Problem...
  10. Bug: Settings app crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    Bug: Settings app crashes: Whenever I go to the "Settings" app, then click on "Update & security" and then, if I immediately click on "Windows Defender", after a few seconds the app crashes. 17494