Windows 10: Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists.

Discus and support Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After upgrading to the latest Windows 20H2 version, the settings app faced a new problem where I cannot see any option in the settings app drop-down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Naman Sanadhya, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists.

After upgrading to the latest Windows 20H2 version, the settings app faced a new problem where I cannot see any option in the settings app drop-down everywhere in the system. Please refer to the attached photo of the settings app.

This issue is present everywhere in the app as well as other places where this type of drop down is present. The list shows no items to be selected. Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists. 6c7c3134-3e57-4837-a036-e1f4ff880771?upload=true.png

:)

Naman Sanadhya, Oct 26, 2020
  2. hkatlady Win User

deleting items from a drop down list

after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up?

hkatlady, Oct 26, 2020
  3. Favorites Listing with Number of Items

I am familiar with the settings menu. I am clearing some of the data like browsing history, cookies, etc.. That suggestion does not address my concern which is: On my drop down list of Favorite sites, under each Favorite listed, there is an item number
    listed. For instance, I have a favorite site called MEDICAL. Right under that heading, there is "10 items" shown referring to the number of sites under the heading MEDICAL.
    I want to remove the line showing the number of items from each heading in my Favorites listing. The number of items line just started appearing. It does not show up on the Favorites list on my
    other two computers where I also use the Microsoft Edge browser and Windows 10.

Flivvertoo, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists.

Apps not showing in app list

Hello Shirley,

Could you answer the below questions:

• Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft Account?

• Is Cortana able to search the apps installed?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Start Settings in Search and hit
      Enter
    • Turn on Show recently added apps in jump list of Start of Taskbar.
    Please also run SFC scan and check if the issue persists. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

• Press Windows key + X key.

• Select command prompt (admin).

• Type the below command:
    sfc /scannow

Please get back to us with the necessary detail so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

SujataMoktan, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists.

1. Settings app crashing and not showing drop down items in the lists. - Similar Threads - Settings app crashing

2. 'More Options' on drop down list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'More Options' on drop down list?: Windows 11.How do I make the full list the default option when right clicking?Mainly use Copy and Paste yet neither show until the 'show more options' is clicked....
  3. 'More Options' on drop down list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'More Options' on drop down list?: Windows 11.How do I make the full list the default option when right clicking?Mainly use Copy and Paste yet neither show until the 'show more options' is clicked....
  4. Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Selecting GPU drop down list missing Graphics Settings: I just upgraded to 21h1 to get manually choose my integrated CPU graphics for a game, sadly that drop down box list is missing under System>Right panel>down below>Graphics Settings. There is only two options Windows gave me such as power saving and high performance. I want to...
  5. Mail Auto Fill - drop down list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail Auto Fill - drop down list: Hi All, I researched but can not find an answer. Mail app does not suggest started email addresses by name anymore - only by email address. Usually, as does my other machine at work, when start typing the name of a person, it fills the email address. On this machine it...
  6. "Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list

"Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list: i was trying to setting my obs so i can display my dekstop, i read online that i have to assign classic app at graphic setting, but i cant find the classic app option, its only show desktop app, and microsoft store app, please help : i use laptop by the way i5 gen 4, gtx...
  7. "Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list.

"Graphics Settings" does'nt have "Classic App" option in the drop down list.: I was trying to assign my games to high performance in the Graphics Settings menu in order to run them on my rx560x gpu instead of a vega 8 but the Classic App option is not available there in the drop down list. I would really appreciate a help...
  8. Drop Down list

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drop Down list: I made a drop list, so that it was easier for me to input data. I go to use the drop down arrow, to use the list I made, and nothing shows up. How can I use my own list I created? Thanks!...
  9. deleting items from a drop down list

in Windows 10 Support
    deleting items from a drop down list: after i have "moved" or "copy to" many files, the drop down menu shows the folders/files i have pinned to quick access, and then shows a long list of other places i have sent files/folders to. is there any way to edit this list so only very recent items show up? 115388
  10. The To-Do List not showing scheduled items

in Microsoft Office and 365
    The To-Do List not showing scheduled items: Excellent. Thanks for posting back solution.