Windows 10: Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.

Discus and support Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My settings app will open for a few seconds and then close. I cannot click anything while it is open. It shows in the upper left the option to sign in,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dan_drew, May 25, 2023.

1. Dan_drew Win User

Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.

My settings app will open for a few seconds and then close. I cannot click anything while it is open. It shows in the upper left the option to sign in, while I am already signed into my Microsoft account verified by opening Word/Excel and checking the user. If I go to the system accounts settings through control panel, the 'Email & Accounts' tab will not load, being stuck on a never-ending loop of dots. I have made a new user with administrator privileges and this issue does not occur on that user. It alsos shows on the administrator user that I am signed in to my Microsoft account o

:)

Dan_drew, May 25, 2023

2. Startup Settings not showing up

Hello,

Thank you for posting your issue in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are not able to get the settings option in recovery environment from Window Startup. We will be happy to assist you with this issue.

We suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to get the Startup settings option.

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key
      down while you select Power
      Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in. [​IMG]
      >
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, May 25, 2023
  3. FTWitachi Win User
    Startup programs not launching on startup

Replying to Brink none of that works here is why-
    Step 1- No items listed in startup on task manager as stated.
    Step 2- I dont have shell:Startup on the pc as it cannot be located
    Step 3- I dont understand that option also the startup folder cannot be found
    Step 4- No apps showing under startup on settings
    Step 5- Dont have access to advanced options at all for any apps
    Step 6- Doesn't work.

Thanks for trying

- - - Updated - - -
    @dalchina, Will try the program now and no I have no suitable restore points and also nothing that I am aware of has been updated besides for Windows Updates but nothing major. WIll respond once I try the program.

FTWitachi, May 25, 2023
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, May 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in. - Similar Threads - Settings app crashing

2. Startup apps not being in the startup list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  3. Startup apps not being in the startup list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps not being in the startup list: How do I get the full list of startup apps? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/startup-apps-not-being-in-the-startup-list/dc9d22a2-2485-4010-9aa3-72abada3d57b
  4. "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that I can't access my computer's startup apps from the windows search and trough the settings settings > apps > startup.I would love to get some help with that. Thanks alot.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01/‎12/‎2022 OS...
  5. "Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings

"Startup Apps" not showing trough the windows search and in the settings: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that I can't access my computer's startup apps from the windows search and trough the settings settings > apps > startup.I would love to get some help with that. Thanks alot.Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎01/‎12/‎2022 OS...
  6. Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.

Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.: My settings app will open for a few seconds and then close. I cannot click anything while it is open. It shows in the upper left the option to sign in, while I am already signed into my Microsoft account verified by opening Word/Excel and checking the user. If I go to the...
  7. Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashing on startup, not showing as being signed in.: My settings app will open for a few seconds and then close. I cannot click anything while it is open. It shows in the upper left the option to sign in, while I am already signed into my Microsoft account verified by opening Word/Excel and checking the user. If I go to the...
  8. App crashes on startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App crashes on startup.: Hi, I bought a game off the windows store and I've tried to start it up and it crashes. I examined the error in the event viewer and got this output. Can someone tell me what this means and what i have to do to fix it? Faulting application name:...
  9. Settings/Apps/Startup

Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  10. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187