Windows 10: settings app does not launch for a user

Discus and support settings app does not launch for a user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi settings app does not launch . I did already add a new local admin and it is working for him. Created a new user and copied all for the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by riker65, Sep 6, 2019.

1. riker65 Win User

settings app does not launch for a user

Hi

settings app does not launch .

I did already add a new local admin and it is working for him.

Created a new user and copied all for the new user.

But after some time now, settings are again not working for the user.

I can not always add new users and copy over.

there must be a fix for the settings problem

Thanks T

Mod: moved into English Community

:)

riker65, Sep 6, 2019

2. Settings won't launch

Hello Jen,

If you're having issue launching Settings from Start menu, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps posted by Rohit Siddegowda in this
    thread. Lots of Community user found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Sep 6, 2019
  3. can't launch setting on windows 10.

Hi Piotrek58,

There could be a number of factors as to why you can't launch the Settings app in Windows 10. This could be caused by corrupted system files, software conflict, or due to a corrupted user account.

I would like to know more about your concern. Kindly verify the changes made to the computer prior to the issue. Are you getting any error message when trying to launch the Settings app?

Meanwhile, I suggest that you create a new user account. This is for us to check if the issue is due to a corrupted user profile. To do this, refer to the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Accounts > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

For your reference, you can check this link.

Check if you will encounter the same issue on the new user profile.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Sep 6, 2019
  4. settings app does not launch for a user

SETTINGS WILL NOT LAUNCH

Hi Lyle,

Corrupted user account is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. This
    Forum Article by Rohit Siddegowda suggests creating
    a new local user account may help resolve Settings app doesn’t launch issue.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

settings app does not launch for a user

1. settings app does not launch for a user - Similar Threads - settings app does

2. why does my setting not launches?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my setting not launches?: why can't i open my setting in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-setting-not-launches/1b366683-c0b0-41ec-9189-449c991ece6a
  3. Microsoft Store App Does Not Launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App Does Not Launch: I encountered an error when I tried to reinstall Microsoft store application on my windows 10 pc. Can someone please teach me how to do it step by step? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-app-does-not-launch/0a2d4748-a877-4e24-92ce-de2592ac8f17
  4. Apps and Settings For Different User

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Apps and Settings For Different User: I would like to disable installing and uninstalling apps from child's user account . How can I do that . And also I want multiple files not accessible from child's user account how to do that. My friends are uninstalling Firefox from settings and its getting removed from...
  5. my windows setting does not launch

my windows setting does not launch: I have dell Inspiron 13 5378 2-in-1 my widows settings and Type here to search is not working /unable to launch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-setting-does-not-launch/a5701fb7-b059-422a-a9a1-68534a5496d3
  6. Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched.: my computer updated with another windows update, upon this the Windows Calculator app does not launch/ Closes immediately when launched. i have tried a reset on app, uninstall and reinstall. still not working...
  7. problem in launching settings app

problem in launching settings app: i am not able to launch the settings app in my windows 10. i am clicking on the app but there is no response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-launching-settings-app/ac162369-5f59-4ffb-8c37-99b2907d16df
  8. Settings does not launch

Settings does not launch: It worked fine a couple days ago. Not sure what changed. The last Windows Update was 4/19/2019. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-does-not-launch/63efcd12-e8f5-4024-804a-f3d64dd4f5b3
  9. Settings app not launching

Settings app not launching: Hello, I can't launch my Windows 10 settings app, it crashes when I try to open it and I've had this issue for a long time now and I still couldn't find a way to fix it, thanks for any of your help....
  10. "Change Desktop Icons" App does not launch

in Windows 10 Support
    "Change Desktop Icons" App does not launch: Upgraded to Windows 10 today, against my better judgement, but thought I should at least give it a try. Wanted to customize the desktop/folder options as much as possible to at least resemble my old Windows 7. Clicked open Themes, clicked on 'Change Desktop Icons' button....