Windows 10: Settings app error: This app can't open

Discus and support Settings app error: This app can't open in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can no longer open my Settings app on my Win10 Acer laptop. The error I get is "This app can't open" and says to try a refresh to resolve it. I did a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cbsb4, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Cbsb4 Win User

Settings app error: This app can't open

I can no longer open my Settings app on my Win10 Acer laptop. The error I get is "This app can't open" and says to try a refresh to resolve it. I did a refresh and still am getting this error. Is there a fix for this issue or do I have to do a full wipe of my laptop and re-installation of Windows?

:)

Cbsb4, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Settings app error: This app can't open :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Feb 22, 2021
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Callender Win User

Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Settings app error: This app can't open [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Settings app error: This app can't open - Similar Threads - Settings app error

2. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been more than a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. Please help me, Thank you everyone. I have tried restarting the machine. Reset the Settings app via Windows PowerShell with the command:...
  3. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been more than a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. Please help me, Thank you everyone. I have tried restarting the machine. Reset the Settings app via Windows PowerShell with the command:...
  4. Can't open Windows Settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Windows Settings app: I can't open Windows settings app in any way. I have bought a brand new laptop two days ago, and today it installed an update for Windows. After taht windows settings app is not openable in any way. I've tried opening it from .cmd and it also does not work. I have also tried...
  5. Can't open Windows Settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Windows Settings app: I can't open Windows settings app in any way. I have bought a brand new laptop two days ago, and today it installed an update for Windows. After taht windows settings app is not openable in any way. I've tried opening it from .cmd and it also does not work. I have also tried...
  6. Can't open Windows Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. can't open the setting app on windows 10

can't open the setting app on windows 10: can't open settings app on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-the-setting-app-on-windows-10/94f5b643-9d29-42d9-a74d-2bfeb5c5af8c
  8. This app can't open/ Firewall error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This app can't open/ Firewall error: Hello there, After trying an hour to fix some problems, I came no conclusions. My firewall suddenly went off and I can't change that: Windows Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings. Furthermore, apps like MyAsus, Nvidia Control Panel or Movies and TV can't...
  9. Can't open settings or any apps or settings

Can't open settings or any apps or settings: I restarted my surface pro that runs windows completely and it started up fine but I was unable to open up anything. I couldn't connect to networks because I open the wifi program. I could not open up my Start either or my action dialog notification panel or anything. I cant...
  10. Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 apps won't open. "This app can't open" error.: Most of my windows 10 native apps can't open. When I click/select an app, the app window attempts to load then quickly disappears prompting a "This app can't open" message. "Check the Windows Store for more info go to the Store. [ATTACH] Programs that I've installed...