Windows 10: Settings App File Location

Discus and support Settings App File Location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to find the exact file location of the settings app in windows 10 for a program called Rainmeter. I found a thread on this website from way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by #Windows10ForLife, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Settings App File Location

I am trying to find the exact file location of the settings app in windows 10 for a program called Rainmeter. I found a thread on this website from way back in 2016 in which a person from Microsoft had answered this question by giving the file path. But when I go to the file, it says that I need permission from "trustedinstaller" in order to open the file. I don't understand how to make myself the owner of the file instead of trustedinstaller bein the owner of the file?

:)

#Windows10ForLife, Jan 17, 2021
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jan 17, 2021
  3. my location on maps app is wrong.

Hi Don,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Location privacy settings in search bar
      and click on Location privacy settings.
    • Here you can enable/disable the Location.
    • You may try to Enable/Disable the Maps app to use the

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 17, 2021
  4. mystvearn Win User

Settings App File Location

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Settings App File Location

1. Settings App File Location - Similar Threads - Settings App File

2. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  3. Cannot locate App File Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot locate App File Location: Okay, windows 11 has had SO MANY ISSUES, but this one takes the cake. I am trying to find the home folder for the Phone Link App, but it is not available through the start menu. Whoever thought that removing good features of windows 10 was a good idea, should take a pay cut,...
  4. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  5. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera App file location: My school windows environment has 2 accounts:1. Administrator 2. User1I logged in to the User1 account and clicked some photos via camera app. The photos got saved into C://Users/User1/Pictures/Camera Roll/Now my concern is does the camera app also saves the same photos in...
  6. Camera App file location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Folder location of Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder location of Settings app: Hi, I'd like to add Windows Settings launcher to PATH in order to usems-settings: directly from the prompt. However I'm unaware of the program's path. In another thread it was suggested it can be found inC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ but attempting to gain permission to the...
  8. Install app settings location?

Install app settings location?: I recently found my old laptop updated to windows 10, and I'm trying to install an app that is not available on the Microsoft store. It notifies me that the app is not on the store via pop-up, and gives me the option to change my app recommendation settings. However when I...
  9. Location Setting for web apps

Location Setting for web apps: How do I set a different location for my web apps on windows 10. Actually it's Windows 8 that has been upgraded to Windows 10 Thank you, P.S. Im trying to set my locations so it says I'm from a different state because im trying to get rid of a Stalker, Please Help Me!...
  10. File Dialog Settings Location ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Dialog Settings Location ?: Hi guys, If I open an Open File dialog box (like in Notepad or wherever) and it's set to display details, and I right-click the column header and check/uncheck some items in the popup menu (like Type, Data Modified, etc.) where do those settings get stored ? I thought...