Windows 10: Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

Discus and support Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le1daz/settings_app_freezes_when_i_try_to_open_vpn/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/User202000, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

/u/User202000, Feb 6, 2021

2. VPN settings freezes on Windows 10

Hello,

My VPN was working fine until I installed the "Cisco VPN client" software. I uninstalled the software afterwards, but the standard VPN settings application freezes everytime I open it.

I have Windows 64 bit.

Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

SubejoPangestu, Feb 6, 2021
  3. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

1. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings - Similar Threads - Settings app freezes

2. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  3. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  4. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings: Hi, Recently I tried download Norton 360 and Enabling its VPN and it did not connect. I searched VPN in my settings I could see the option but every time I clicked on it, the settings app froze. This happened when I searched it in the bar under my screen or when I went...
  5. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings: Hi, Recently I tried download Norton 360 and Enabling its VPN and it did not connect. I searched VPN in my settings I could see the option but every time I clicked on it, the settings app froze. This happened when I searched it in the bar under my screen or when I went...
  6. VPN freezing when clicking on it in the settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  8. Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.: I have 2 monitors one is 4k and the other one is 1080p. I wanted to have a wallpaper that spans over both screens without looking low res on the 4k screen.I figured an 8k image would do the trick but whenever I try to set the picture as wallpaper, the settings app freezes for...
  9. Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.: I have 2 monitors one is 4k and the other one is 1080p. I wanted to have a wallpaper that spans over both screens without looking low res on the 4k screen.I figured an 8k image would do the trick but whenever I try to set the picture as wallpaper, the settings app freezes for...
  10. VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10: Hello, Whenever I try to open the standard VPN settings application freezes. I have Windows 64 bit. I have run both the DISM and the SFC scan, and it came back with no errors. this is what I received, C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 bpn setting crash