Windows 10: Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

Discus and support Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le1daz/settings_app_freezes_when_i_try_to_open_vpn/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/User202000, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

/u/User202000, Feb 6, 2021

2. VPN settings freezes on Windows 10

Hello,

My VPN was working fine until I installed the "Cisco VPN client" software. I uninstalled the software afterwards, but the standard VPN settings application freezes everytime I open it.

I have Windows 64 bit.

Any suggestions?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet]

SubejoPangestu, Feb 6, 2021
  3. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

1. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings - Similar Threads - Settings app freezes

2. Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps section of settings immediately closes when i try to open it: i am trying to open the apps part of setting and it will close down before i can open it, the problem is only happening in my personal profile and not on the administrator profile, also there is no option to boot my pc in repair mode and when i try sfc scan i get the 'windows...
  3. When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes

When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes: It's been like this for a while now. I was hoping I could get an official Microsoft solution for this because the new account method and the PowerShell/Command Prompt method aren't working. Does anyone have a useful fix?...
  4. Settings app freezes when accessing System

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app freezes when accessing System: This started happening recently on my PC, which is perfectly fine. Basically, if I go into Settings > System, the app just freezes, and I am unable to access any other setting. Oddly, I am able to go through the search bar and access every single setting except for the...
  5. Settings freezing when I try to search for languages

Settings freezing when I try to search for languages: It freezes on this screen when I try to type in the language search bar and when I press next after selecting a language. No idea why this is happening, if you've got any clues I'd like to know about it, thanks. [ATTACH]...
  6. Settings freezes when trying to pair Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings freezes when trying to pair Bluetooth.: Hello, Recently my laptop lost the ability to pair new Bluetooth devices. My Settings app would freeze when I click on any options in Settings > Bluetooth & Other Devices > Add Bluetooth and other devices. Also, when I click the Bluetooth button in the Notification bar, the...
  7. Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?: This has been very annoying for me. It also takes way to long to load. I've already tried renaming a folder and using sfc /scannow and that didn't help either. submitted by /u/qwerty_1236 [link] [comments]...
  8. Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.: [ATTACH] I was using my microphone on my razer headset a few days ago, until I come back, and it had just stopped working. The headset works fine, but the mic does not seem to be recording any sound. I have already checked the sound control panel and everything is selected...
  9. VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN Settings window crashes when I open VPN settings Windows 10: Hello, Whenever I try to open the standard VPN settings application freezes. I have Windows 64 bit. I have run both the DISM and the SFC scan, and it came back with no errors. this is what I received, C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth...
  10. Settings App Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings App Freezes: First issue I've come across. The Settings App freezes on Apps & features and Storage tabs. 58452