Windows 10: Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11

Discus and support Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I recently have a problem with the Settings app when I try to activate Windows 11The Settings app just Freezes when clicking anything that redirects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Default User9148, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11

So I recently have a problem with the Settings app when I try to activate Windows 11The Settings app just Freezes when clicking anything that redirects me to the activation setting It just freezes, it doesn't crashThe Close, Fullscreen, and minimize buttons still work but it just freezes the entire app whenever I try to activate WindowsI tried all the solutions I found but none of them workI tried resetting the settings app doesn't workChecking for viruses/malware Nothing found with a Windows Defender Offline ScanRestarting My PC doesn't workBooting into another OS to troubleshoot Window

:)

Default User9148, Jan 26, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

windows 10 mail app freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Refer the link below.

Note: Please don’t run app troubleshooter in the link. This applies to windows 10 also.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-freezes/f72be4ae-40ae-4726-8b71-1369974c5a81

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2022
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11

1. Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Settings app Freezes

2. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  3. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  4. Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.: I have 2 monitors one is 4k and the other one is 1080p. I wanted to have a wallpaper that spans over both screens without looking low res on the 4k screen.I figured an 8k image would do the trick but whenever I try to set the picture as wallpaper, the settings app freezes for...
  5. Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.

Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.: I have 2 monitors one is 4k and the other one is 1080p. I wanted to have a wallpaper that spans over both screens without looking low res on the 4k screen.I figured an 8k image would do the trick but whenever I try to set the picture as wallpaper, the settings app freezes for...
  6. Settings app freezes and fails when trying to set an 8k image as wallpaper.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Settings freezes when I try opening Privacy & Security Windows 11

Settings freezes when I try opening Privacy & Security Windows 11: Hi,I was thinking of running a malware check on my laptop running windows 11 and went to open privacy & security but every time I try to open tab in Settings my settings app would freeze and the only thing I can do is close the tab. I tried to test to see whether this was...
  8. Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app Freezes when trying to activate Windows 11: So I recently have a problem with the Settings app when I try to activate Windows 11The Settings app just Freezes when clicking anything that redirects me to the activation setting It just freezes, it doesn't crashThe Close, Fullscreen, and minimize buttons still work but it...
  9. Settings app freezes and closes when trying to reinstall a printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Settings app freezes and closes when trying to reinstall a printer: So, i used to have a printer installed, but somehow, it automatically reinstalled. now any app that I try to use print on freezes and says "not responding". And whenever I try to install a printer in settings, the app freezes and closes. How can I fix this?...
  10. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le1daz/settings_app_freezes_when_i_try_to_open_vpn/