Windows 10: settings app freezes, windows update gone from control panel

Discus and support settings app freezes, windows update gone from control panel in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; settings app freezes forcing hard shutdown of computer, windows update and windows defender are gone from control panel, have tried everything- new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RD757, Mar 29, 2019.

1. RD757 Win User

settings app freezes, windows update gone from control panel

settings app freezes forcing hard shutdown of computer, windows update and windows defender are gone from control panel, have tried everything- new user account, troubleshooters, mouse driver updates, Microsoft fixer app download but nothing works. everytime I open settings the computer freezes and I have to reboot.

:)

RD757, Mar 29, 2019
  2. dskiller Win User

Settings App vs. Control Panel?

one day the control panel will be completely gone.

but microsoft has to take baby steps to avoid problems.

and other companys will have to convert their control panel files to work with the settings app.

dskiller, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Bitlocker menu in Control Panel is gone!!!!!

Hi,

From the above screenshot I see that you are not able to access or see the Bitlocker Drive Encryption in Control Panel, i suggest you to change the view of the Control panel and then check if you are able to access or view it.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Control Panel in the Search bar and then Enter.
    • Select the View by options in the upper right pane.
    • In Category select the small icons and then check if you can view the Bitlocker Drive Encryption option.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Mar 29, 2019
  4. settings app freezes, windows update gone from control panel

no update in control panel?

Windows update are relocated to the settings app.Open Settings>Update and security>Windows updates.

You can make a shortcut to Windows update in control Panel, and I can provide you steps for this.

In future, control Panel will fully be replaced by the settings app.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

settings app freezes, windows update gone from control panel

1. settings app freezes, windows update gone from control panel - Similar Threads - settings app freezes

2. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  3. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  4. disable control panel from redirecting to settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable control panel from redirecting to settings: is there any way to stop control panel from redirecting me to the settings app? submitted by /u/Tracenji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l23wch/disable_control_panel_from_redirecting_to_settings/
  5. Hiding an app from control panel

Hiding an app from control panel: Is there a way to install an app (in this case steam) and configure it so that it doesn't appear on the control panel, quick access or the windows search bar? I'm assuming its either a special directory or a registry hack. Any help would be welcome! submitted by /u/p20sren...
  6. Hiding Apps from Control panel

Hiding Apps from Control panel: I am trying to hide an app (ProtonVpn) from the control panel by editing the registry, but I can't seem to find the DisplayName key in Local machine. I installed it in the recomended directory : Program files x 86. Please help submitted by /u/p20sren [link] [comments]...
  7. The "Location" tab in region setting in control panel is GONE

in Windows 10 Customization
    The "Location" tab in region setting in control panel is GONE: I can't seem to find the solution for this anywhere, hoping someone who has the same issue can help me out here. So I have a game that require Japan locale, so I went to region setting in control panel but the "location" tab wasn't there. Then I try change it through "country...
  8. Control Panel AND Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel AND Settings: Why do we find two possibilities to change settings, Control Panel and Settings. They don't cover eachother as far as I know. Why not bring them together? It would be much less confusing in my opinion....
  9. Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings: How to: Open Apps and Features from Win+X to Control Panel or Settings Open Apps and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10 The Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management,...
  10. Settings App vs. Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App vs. Control Panel?: I've tried using the Settings App, but I always seem to end up using Control Panel? Is it just me, or is the Settings App just a partial duplication of CP? 9986