Windows 10: Settings App Freezes

Discus and support Settings App Freezes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; First issue I've come across. The Settings App freezes on Apps & features and Storage tabs. 58452 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swarfega, Aug 2, 2016.

1. swarfega Win User

Settings App Freezes

First issue I've come across.

The Settings App freezes on Apps & features and Storage tabs.

:)

swarfega, Aug 2, 2016

2. Settings app freezes on my laptop

Every time i try to reconnect my printer to my laptop, my settings app freezes as soon as i click the add a new device or connect printer/scanner. How do i fix this?

YousafKhan1, Aug 2, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Settings app freezes on my laptop

When you connect the printer did you install the printer software?

Did you go to Device Manager and check if it was activate and had a driver?

lacrumb, Aug 2, 2016
  4. Settings App Freezes

Just had a freeze myself in Settings App

It took Explorer.exe out with it

paulsalter, Aug 2, 2016
  5. swarfega Win User
    I'll submit a fault report about it.

swarfega, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Settings App Freezes

1. Settings App Freezes - Similar Threads - Settings App Freezes

2. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  3. Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app freezes when trying to open Lockscreen or backgroup settings in...: As the title states, the settings app does not respond when I try to open the lock screen settings or the background settings. The other tabs work, the other settings accessible in the personalization section work as well. I tried checking for updates, restarting computer and...
  4. 'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    'About' tab in settings causes app to freeze and crash: I wanted to check my PC specs, and my settings are completely functional apart from specifically the 'about' tab in the 'system' section. When I click on 'sound' or 'clipboard' it works fine, but when I click on 'about', the settings app freezes and crashes.Don't know if this...
  5. Start Menu and Settings app freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Settings app freezing: This issue is random.Start Menu freezes when ever I search up something, but is random and is not frequent.Settings app freezes when ever I open it and is stuck on the gear icon for a minute or so, this is also random and not frequent....
  6. Start Menu and Settings app freezing

Start Menu and Settings app freezing: This issue is random.Start Menu freezes when ever I search up something, but is random and is not frequent.Settings app freezes when ever I open it and is stuck on the gear icon for a minute or so, this is also random and not frequent....
  7. Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen/Display resolution settings page won't open in settings app freezes the settings app: I have this problem with the Settings app freezing in the resolution settings page.Right clicking on the desktop and selecting the resolution settings Windows is in Greek language gives me the Gear icon, stuck. I need to close the window, wait a few seconds and the rest of...
  8. Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app freezes when I try to open VPN settings: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/User202000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/le1daz/settings_app_freezes_when_i_try_to_open_vpn/
  9. Settings app freezes when accessing System

Settings app freezes when accessing System: This started happening recently on my PC, which is perfectly fine. Basically, if I go into Settings > System, the app just freezes, and I am unable to access any other setting. Oddly, I am able to go through the search bar and access every single setting except for the...
  10. Can't change sign-in options (Settings app freezes)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change sign-in options (Settings app freezes): I'm on 1909, deliberately using a local account, and after Windows decided to lock me out after going to sleep (even though I'd configured it to not ask for a password or PIN in any cases), I decided to change my password to something that I'd actually be able to remember in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows settings app freezes