Windows 10: settings app keeps crashing

Discus and support settings app keeps crashing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my settings app is driving me crazy ive been trying to reset my pc but settings has been crashing so i cant. any suggestions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by austintheqt, Oct 8, 2020.

1. settings app keeps crashing

my settings app is driving me crazy ive been trying to reset my pc but settings has been crashing so i cant. any suggestions

:)

austintheqt, Oct 8, 2020

2. Settings App keeps crashing

I completed these steps. This message came up at the end: Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

The settings app keeps crashing, though.

SariahMarth, Oct 8, 2020
  3. Gencijs Win User
    File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Oct 8, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

settings app keeps crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

settings app keeps crashing

1. settings app keeps crashing - Similar Threads - settings app keeps

2. Settings keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings keeps crashing!: Trying to open settings and it keeps crashing. Also, I went to Windows update section however can't finish it since the settings will not work properly. When I go back it will go back to 0 again. Any help?...
  3. Settings keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings keeps crashing!: Trying to open settings and it keeps crashing. Also, I went to Windows update section however can't finish it since the settings will not work properly. When I go back it will go back to 0 again. Any help?...
  4. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing: Hello, ive just got a new stationary computer with windows 10 on it, i thought everything was fine on it until i opened settings. the app crashed and i dont know how to fix it, i already did a sfc scan and it said nothing was wrong, and ive already followed alot of posts on...
  5. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing: Hello, ive just got a new stationary computer with windows 10 on it, i thought everything was fine on it until i opened settings. the app crashed and i dont know how to fix it, i already did a sfc scan and it said nothing was wrong, and ive already followed alot of posts on...
  6. Windows 10 settings app keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Settings app keeps crashing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app keeps crashing!: I'm trying to access "Privacy" -> "Activity History" in Settings but whenever I click on "Activity History" it crashed the app and it's very frustrating! This also happens elsewhere in the app, e.g. sometime in "Display". Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/whodidthis-...
  8. Settings keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings keeps crashing: Most of the time, it works, but when I go to Default Apps, it freezes and crashes. If I try to go to the page from the Start menu, it opens and then closes. I am currently on a school-moderated device without access to the command prompt, Run, or anything else like that. What...
  9. Settings keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings keeps crashing: [ATTACH] Settings keeps crashing a couple seconds after I open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-keeps-crashing/e11ff1a3-b68e-4e6e-b0f5-2396aa909e15
  10. Settings App keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings App keeps crashing: I updated my Surface Pro yesterday, and again today and now I am having problems with my laptop freezing, randomly restarting, and the settings app keeps crashing no matter what I do. I have restarted it, turned it off and on again, and checked with Windows Security. With so...