Windows 10: Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general...

Discus and support Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general... in Cortana to solve the problem; Yes I have updated the computer umpteen times and reset the windows store app. And I have reset and re-indexed the the search "indexing options" thing.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jerriy, May 4, 2019.

1. jerriy Win User

Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general...

Yes I have updated the computer umpteen times and reset the windows store app. And I have reset and re-indexed the the search "indexing options" thing. I also hit the "troubleshoot search and indexing" I even did an sfc/ scannow on command prompt all to no avail. The problem has not been solved one iota.

I never experienced this nonsense back when settings was within the framework of the classic desktop application platform instead of this current store app format.

:)

jerriy, May 4, 2019
  2. jbailey8 Win User

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 4, 2019
  3. Search Results

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know where exactly are you searching for the photos.

Are you searching on Windows search bar from desktop or Windows Explorer or Photo app?

If you are searching on Photo app try the below,

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If you are searching on Windows Explorer or Search box try the below,

Step 2: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

If you're having problems locating specific files, folders, or other items on your computer, try using the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks
    to see whether you have the correct permissions to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the
      Search box from the desktop.
    • Select the Troubleshooting option.
    • Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing.
    • Click on Next to perform the
      Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 4, 2019
  4. Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general...

Start menu Search can't click on search results leading to Settings pages + Settings search results not loading

Hello Abhishek,

We regret the inconvenience and at the same time we appreciate the effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you further.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing functionality issues with Windows in the following areas:

• Search Results in the Settings pane do not work.
    • The Search results through Search Bar in Windows is unresponsive or sporadic when it comes to basic functionality.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to try the Search and Indexing troubleshooter to fix the problem. It makes sure that the Windows Search service is running, and checks to see whether you have the correct permissions
    to search all the directories on your computer.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• 1. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box
      from the desktop.

2. Select the Troubleshooting option.

3. Select View All option and select the Search
      and Indexing

4. Click on Next to perform the Search
      and Indexing troubleshooter
      and follow the steps.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

• To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Click
      here
      for more information about running the DISM Tool.

Method 2

Lets try to narrow down the issue, if the issue is at a specific user level.
    I suggest you to check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different Local Administrator user account.

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Assuming that you are already logged on to your user account in Windows 10, click the Start button.
    • From the Start menu, click your name from the top of the left pane.
    • From the displayed options click Sign out.
    • From the login screen, click to the different user account you want to switch to.

However, if you do not have a separate user account, I suggest you to create another Local administrator user account by referring to the Microsoft article here: Set
    up accounts

Kindly keep us posted on the results for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general...

1. Settings app malfunction: can't find any results via search bar -- yet window general... - Similar Threads - Settings app malfunction

2. Can't find apps in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  3. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  4. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Settings Search not working and some Windows search results I cannot find via...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Settings Search not working and some Windows search results I cannot find via...: Hey there, I remember once deleting DeviceSearchCache in Local Package Windows Search and I think it messed up for me, does anyone know how to fix it like revert it?...
  6. Windows Settings Search not working and some Windows search results I cannot find via...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Settings Search not working and some Windows search results I cannot find via...: Hey there, I remember once deleting DeviceSearchCache in Local Package Windows Search and I think it messed up for me, does anyone know how to fix it like revert it?...
  7. Windows Settings Search not working and some Windows search results I cannot find via...

in Cortana
  8. Windows Search Bar No Results

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar No Results: Whenever search using the mouse or windows key, the windows search bar gives no results and goes inactive after a few seconds. This happens whether the bar is empty or has characters in it. It will prompt the following error in Event Viewer which occurs multiple times after a...
  9. Can't find this update with general Internet search

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't find this update with general Internet search: Running Win10 Pro on Lenovo ThinkPad...everything is up to date with Lenovo and Windows. In the "Optional Updates" section of Windows Updates, there's one called: Lenovo - System - Update 9.2.0.3 Don't want to just blindly install it but searched the Internet and can't...
  10. Search Results Not Ready Yet

in Windows 10 Support
    Search Results Not Ready Yet: Whenever I search for any setting using inside the settings window in Windows 10, it comes up with an instant result of "search results aren't quite ready yet, but we're working on getting them together. Try back in a few minutes." It stays like this through a computer...