Windows 10: Settings app not launching

Discus and support Settings app not launching in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I can't launch my Windows 10 settings app, it crashes when I try to open it and I've had this issue for a long time now and I still couldn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Edgar Raudsepp, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Settings app not launching

Hello, I can't launch my Windows 10 settings app, it crashes when I try to open it and I've had this issue for a long time now and I still couldn't find a way to fix it, thanks for any of your help.

:)

Edgar Raudsepp, Mar 22, 2019

2. Settings won't launch

Hello Jen,

If you're having issue launching Settings from Start menu, we highly suggest performing the troubleshooting steps posted by Rohit Siddegowda in this
    thread. Lots of Community user found his suggestions helpful.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Mar 22, 2019
  3. App and Setting not launching in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I am sorry to know that you are
    facing issues with launching the apps.
    Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Follow the steps given below:

• press ‘Windows key + X’
    • Select the option ‘Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type:
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Also, run the troubleshooter.

Refer the thread

Settings doesn’t launch, or launches the Store instead

Hope the information helps to fix the issue, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Settings app not launching

Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Settings app not launching

1. Settings app not launching - Similar Threads - Settings app launching

2. Settings will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings will not launch: Helloo, the pictogram Serrings will not launch in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-will-not-launch/1b3d1e81-cd32-4726-8e1b-a445c32cfe5f
  3. Settings will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings will not launch: Helloo, the pictogram Serrings will not launch in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-will-not-launch/1b3d1e81-cd32-4726-8e1b-a445c32cfe5f
  4. Settings will not launch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Settings App crashing on launch

Windows 10 Settings App crashing on launch: Settings app launches to the initial menu but then crashes & nothing can be selected. Is this a known problem and is there any way to fix it? Thanks...
  6. Setting app won't launch in Windows 10

Setting app won't launch in Windows 10: I am working on a Acer laptop with Windows 10. I did a disk clean up and now the settings app won't open. When I got to the start menu and select it, it appears on the task bar but the window doesn't open. If I hover over the settings icon the settings page appears but when I...
  7. Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera app is not launching due to Privacy Settings: My Camera app is not launching. It gives the message "We need your permission. To use this app open Privacy settings and change the settings to allow this app to use your camera and microphone." All of my settings allow everything to use the camera, but the camera app still...
  8. problem in launching settings app

problem in launching settings app: i am not able to launch the settings app in my windows 10. i am clicking on the app but there is no response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-launching-settings-app/ac162369-5f59-4ffb-8c37-99b2907d16df
  9. why cant i launch settings app

why cant i launch settings app: why cant i launch settings app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-launch-settings-app/0b5d78f0-d14f-4bc4-8933-437e34bfa8ea
  10. settings app does not launch for a user

settings app does not launch for a user: Hi settings app does not launch . I did already add a new local admin and it is working for him. Created a new user and copied all for the new user. But after some time now, settings are again not working for the user. I can not always add new users and copy over....