Windows 10: Settings app won't open and info center is greyed out

Discus and support Settings app won't open and info center is greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A few days ago I noticed that neither my settings app opens nor can I access any settings via the info center. Now when trying to open setting it says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EleniTal, Dec 27, 2018.

1. EleniTal Win User

Settings app won't open and info center is greyed out

A few days ago I noticed that neither my settings app opens nor can I access any settings via the info center. Now when trying to open setting it says there wouldn't be an app to support this type of format.
    I tried out EVERY solution I could find on Google. I ran scans and commands via command promt, powershell, mc troubleshooter, deleted the appxmanifest file, uninstalled my anti-virus program and created a new administrator account -but still, nothing worked out and I'm getting desperate.
    I hadn't installed any updates recently to cause this.

I got a Lenovo ideapad with Windows 10 Home x64 and Intel Core i5 cpu
    I don't know what other info you need.

:)

EleniTal, Dec 27, 2018

2. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Settings app won't open and info center is greyed out :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Settings app won't open and info center is greyed out - Similar Threads - Settings app won't

2. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1
  3. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    action center icon greyed out: I don't have an action center. I checked the action center icon and it is greyed out. I can't change it. The IT tried a bunch of things. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/action-center-icon-greyed-out/5ccd00dc-796c-4a03-80a9-e58144ae16a1
  4. action center icon greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center: The app which is greyed out isn't on my system. Yet it shows in the notifications and actions center. I can't do anything to it since it's grey. I have tried re installing and uninstalling. Nothing worked....
  6. A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center

A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center: The app which is greyed out isn't on my system. Yet it shows in the notifications and actions center. I can't do anything to it since it's grey. I have tried re installing and uninstalling. Nothing worked....
  7. A greyed out app is showing in my notifications and action center

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.: Microsoft Store and other apps like photos, calendar, mail, calculator, xbox, xbox game bar, etc won't open on my PC. I have a Windows 10 which is up-to-date. Any apps related to Microsoft Store are not working, like Adobe Photoshop express, WhatsApp, Asphalt 9, which were...
  9. Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.: Microsoft Store and other apps like photos, calendar, mail, calculator, xbox, xbox game bar, etc won't open on my PC. I have a Windows 10 which is up-to-date. Any apps related to Microsoft Store are not working, like Adobe Photoshop express, WhatsApp, Asphalt 9, which were...
  10. Microsoft Store won't open. It's greyed out.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. settings app wont open

2. file on desktop is greyed out and wont open