Windows 10: settings app wont open.

Discus and support settings app wont open. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot get the settings app to open. it opens for a second then nothing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HopeWhitehead, Aug 18, 2019.

1. settings app wont open.

I cannot get the settings app to open. it opens for a second then nothing.

:)

HopeWhitehead, Aug 18, 2019
  2. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. settings app wont open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 18, 2019
  4. settings app wont open.

settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

settings app wont open.

1. settings app wont open. - Similar Threads - settings app wont

2. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  3. settings wont open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings wont open: I cant remember when was the last time i had issues. Im using windows 10 home and I love Windows 10 however this morning I need to check my display and I need to open settings app. Its not opening at all. It will just pop up for not even 1 second and it will close. I need to...
  4. Settings app wont open.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app wont open.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BellBurritos [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u6i8k6/settings_app_wont_open/
  5. Settings app wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app wont open: no open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-wont-open/99e92dd9-ea0d-4774-a4c3-5a149c2f37a3
  6. Settings app wont open

Settings app wont open: no open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-wont-open/99e92dd9-ea0d-4774-a4c3-5a149c2f37a3
  7. Settings app wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Settings App wont open at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings App wont open at all: App says to refresh. I downloaded and ran updates to windows 10 and still not working. The only thing I can do it right click on the settings wheel. Nothing else will open....
  9. settings app in windows 10 wont open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    settings app in windows 10 wont open: setting app in windows 10 wont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-in-windows-10-wont-open/f5c287d8-729e-417f-b340-285d62d63809
  10. Windows Settings App wont open

Windows Settings App wont open: After turning on the computer and attempting to open, the Settings app, Windows Updates and Uninstall or repair a program ( that's all i know of at this stage) they open a blank screen for ~3seconds then close. I have attempted the Powershell command line fix however have...