Windows 10: Settings app won't open.

Discus and support Settings app won't open. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to access windows settings yesterday on my laptop running 2004 update. And nothing happens. No indication that something is running in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/realxeltos, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Settings app won't open.

I tried to access windows settings yesterday on my laptop running 2004 update. And nothing happens. No indication that something is running in background or anything. Click the icon and nothing.

Googled, could not find a single working solution. Apart from repair using bootable windows 10 iso.

submitted by /u/realxeltos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/realxeltos, Jul 4, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Settings app won't open. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Settings won't open.

Settings won't open, either from the icon in the start list, or from the longer list of apps. When I search for "settings", it appears that there is no such folder.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Nancy McMillan, Jul 4, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Settings app won't open.

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Settings app won't open.

1. Settings app won't open. - Similar Threads - Settings app won't

2. Settings Won't Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings Won't Open: Hello there, I have an issue on my Windows 10, Whenever I try to open settings it immediately closes after 1 seconds... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-wont-open/79b833e7-fde0-412b-9cff-33c7c7584114
  3. apps won't open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    apps won't open: idk why my apps won't open, i tried clean boot, i followed the steps and it turns out that the issue is not caused by application or service interference but still the winsock error/ application error still popping out. What should I do? ps: the apps that are not opening:...
  4. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings won't open: Hi, I recently just bought a surface pro, after a couple of updates I went to use it, but when I try to open settings, the settings logo comes up on the window but it just closes after a second. I tried pretty much everything I could find on other threads, switching accounts,...
  5. windows settings app won't stay open

windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8
  6. Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open: I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and decided to ask the forums for help. My Windows 10 64 bit ran into quite a bit of update errors months ago, which I thought I resolved when clearing space in the C: drive. Now it won't search for updates, notify me about...
  7. Apps won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps won't open: Hi! So, I recently updated to windows 10. It's going nice and smoothly for a few months until my sister borrowed it. I don't know if she did anything to it, but she told me that it kept restaring after that. So, she decided to perform system restore hoping that it would fix...
  8. Settings won't open

Settings won't open: When I click on Windows logo and click on Settings, Settings doesn't open. I also did a search for Settings in the search box. It gave a list of settings that I could open but none of them opened the a Settings box when I clicked on them. How can I fix this?...
  9. Settings app won't open

Settings app won't open: every time i try to open the settings app it shows that the app is open but it's just invisible its like the app isn't open and i cant do anything in it...
  10. Settings won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings won't open: The settings app won't open on my laptop running windows 10. I'm aware that this is a common problem but the troubleshooter released by microsoft doesn't work for me, as it fails to detect a problem. I'm also aware that there is an update to fix this issue, but I can't access...