Windows 10: Settings app won't start

Discus and support Settings app won't start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I reinstalled windows 10 other day and ever since settings app won't open it flashes on screen and is gone it says there is no app to open this. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JamesRyan8, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Settings app won't start

Hi I reinstalled windows 10 other day and ever since settings app won't open it flashes on screen and is gone it says there is no app to open this. I have tried to reinstall for days now and problem still happens. I have very limited use of my pc over this and is really annoying. Can someone please help and try no to be too technical with answers I'm not that great with computers.

:)

JamesRyan8, Apr 2, 2019

2. Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

CahangirTahirov, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

Hi H. G.,

The possible reason why Update apps automatically turn back on is that the Store app is running in the background. We suggest that you turn off the Store app. This way, it won't receive any updates or send notifications unless opened or turned on
    manually.

To turn off Store app, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo, then go to Settings.
    • Click Privacy, then Background apps.
    • On the list, locate Store and toggle it off.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Settings app won't start

windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Settings app won't start

1. Settings app won't start - Similar Threads - Settings app won't

2. Settings and other default apps won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and other default apps won't start: Hello,since yesterday, I have the following problems with my Windows 11 PC:Everytime, I try to open the settings app, there's a little loading icon, but nothing happens. I already tried to fix it using different methods, such as resetting the App-Settings, which didn't work...
  3. Settings and other default apps won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings and other default apps won't start: Hello,since yesterday, I have the following problems with my Windows 11 PC:Everytime, I try to open the settings app, there's a little loading icon, but nothing happens. I already tried to fix it using different methods, such as resetting the App-Settings, which didn't work...
  4. The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open: This issue started appearing after moving some files from my c drive to my d drive because I was low on space, and more problems started to appear after I followed some troubleshooters. I've tried rebooting everything from the task manager, I've scanned for viruses, but...
  5. The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open

The start menu, settings, search and the Xbox app won't open: This issue started appearing after moving some files from my c drive to my d drive because I was low on space, and more problems started to appear after I followed some troubleshooters. I've tried rebooting everything from the task manager, I've scanned for viruses, but...
  6. Settings app won't start after the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app won't start after the update: When i try to open the settings app after an update it flashes then closes again, anyone got a fix? submitted by /u/NO-ONE-11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibtbx2/settings_app_wont_start_after_the_update/
  7. Settings apps won't start after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings apps won't start after upgrading to Windows 10: After updating our machines to Windows 10 Pro from 7 Pro, when trying to open most all settings links I get an error like below. Also from Cortana search results, opening apps throw error. However, the programs themselves work if I go to System32 folder and run them. The...
  8. Photos app won't start

Photos app won't start: As previously noted, suddenly out of the blue about 2 days ago, I can't open any of my .jpg files. I get an error message that the app can't start. The multitude of instructions I've found do nothing to help. I've restarted/repaired the app repeatedly. I've downloaded...
  9. Mail app won't start

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app won't start: Recently I found my Windows 10 mail app won't start on one of my accounts. I have 2 accounts: one is with my Microsoft login and the other is with a local account. The local one is used infrequently so I don't know when problem started. The Microsoft account I use often and...
  10. PC settings won't start

in Windows 10 Support
    PC settings won't start: When I tag PC settings, the icon shows up in the task bar, but it does not show me the PC settings screen. So, with this, I am not able to change anything on that screen. Same condition for the other users on this machine. Anyone have any thoughts? 3038