Windows 10: Settings App

Discus and support Settings App in Cortana to solve the problem; I have reset my hard drive a week ago *using the windows reset option* on my pc. I then reinstall windows and it says it cannot install about 4-5 times... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jeren_010, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Jeren_010 Win User

Settings App

I have reset my hard drive a week ago *using the windows reset option* on my pc. I then reinstall windows and it says it cannot install about 4-5 times until I finally got it to install using a recovery drive. The big problem is now that I cannot use the search bar, access any settings, use Cortana, I can't even change my screen resolution. I tried getting help but just took off to youtube to try to get some answers. There are some good suggestions but none of them work. Anybody know what I could do to possibly fix this?

:)

Jeren_010, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Settings App

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Settings App :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Settings App

1. Settings App - Similar Threads - Settings App

2. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  3. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app: I'm having trouble with accessing printer's preferences via settings-app. Please see details:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/78333888/xerox-6204-cant-access-printers-preferences-via-settings-app...
  4. Can't access printer's preferences via settings-app

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  6. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: In my pc start button , taskbar and any deafult apps are not working. whenever i tried to open settings or any default apps it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  7. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  8. Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

Start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From few past weeks my start button,taskbar,settings and default apps are not working.i tried many ways but it still does't work.tell me any way how to fix it...
  9. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...
  10. start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working

start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps are not working: From past few days i can't open my start button,taskbar,settings and any deafult apps. whenever i try to open them it says " this file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an...