Windows 10: Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings

Discus and support Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As the title suggests, anytime I try to view apps & features in storage settings for one of my drives, the settings application force closes. This only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Corgi_Senpai09, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings

As the title suggests, anytime I try to view apps & features in storage settings for one of my drives, the settings application force closes. This only happens with apps & features, I have no issues with opening other or temporary files. I've tried restarting my PC and ensuring that windows is up to date, but it hasn't fixed the issue.

:)

Corgi_Senpai09, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Rubidad Win User

Storage feature in settings

With windows 10, after hitting settings, and choosing display, notifications, apps power a list of setting appears. Most of the settings work correctly. If I choose apps and features, the tab greys and nothing happens and I must close the settings window
    to adjust other settings. This also happens when I choose storage and nothing happens and it too will grey and the window must be closed. If I choose offline maps it seems to work but just hangs with dots moving across the top and I must again close the window
    to continue....I'm using Os buil 10586.11

Rubidad, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Mark7805 Win User
    Forced proxy settings

Is there anyway to disable forced internet settings?

When I try and remove the settings they come right back after I close and reopen

My firefox runs fine but many apps on my computer are WRECKed right now. Steam for example I can't update my games or use the built in browser. Friends list still seems to stay up to date, but avatars aren't generated.

I can't access my LAN settings for proxies either.

I want to fix this without reformatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark7805, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings

1. Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings - Similar Threads - Settings application force

2. When I try to open the notifications settings in windows 11 it force closes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I try to open the notifications settings in windows 11 it force closes: I found out I had this problem for my desktop when I tried to open the calender on the bottom right hand side and it would only stay open for a second and then force close. I tried to open Notifications & actions via the start menu and it would just force close. If I try to...
  3. When I try to open the notifications settings in windows 11 it force closes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open the notifications settings in windows 11 it force closes: I found out I had this problem for my desktop when I tried to open the calender on the bottom right hand side and it would only stay open for a second and then force close. I tried to open Notifications & actions via the start menu and it would just force close. If I try to...
  4. Application does not exist but takes storage and shows in settings app

Application does not exist but takes storage and shows in settings app: So I recently downloaded Riot Client to play League but realized that it wasn't on the right disk, so I moved the whole Riot games folder from my local disk C: to my other D: however after going in the settings, storage I saw that Riot Client app and that it took 11,8GB. I...
  5. Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings: As the title suggests, anytime I try to view apps & features in storage settings for one of my drives, the settings application force closes. This only happens with apps & features, I have no issues with opening other or temporary files. I've tried restarting my PC and...
  6. Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings application force closes anytime I try to view Apps & Features in storage settings: As the title suggests, anytime I try to view apps & features in storage settings for one of my drives, the settings application force closes. This only happens with apps & features, I have no issues with opening other or temporary files. I've tried restarting my PC and...
  7. Settings app crashes whenever I click "View Features" inside Optional Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes whenever I click "View Features" inside Optional Features: For background, I am on a Surface Pro X Windows 11, and I would like to install the "Wireless Display" optional feature in order to use it as a second monitor. I go Settings > search "optional features" > click "view features". However as soon as I try to type in the search...
  8. Settings app crashes whenever I click "View Features" inside Optional Features

Settings app crashes whenever I click "View Features" inside Optional Features: For background, I am on a Surface Pro X Windows 11, and I would like to install the "Wireless Display" optional feature in order to use it as a second monitor. I go Settings > search "optional features" > click "view features". However as soon as I try to type in the search...
  9. Force close while trying to manage work or school account in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Force close while trying to manage work or school account in Settings: Just as the title said. Yesterday, I was trying to manage my school email account @xxx.edu through Settings. I went to Settings -> Accounts -> Email & accounts. When I tried to click "Manage" on my school email, a new window appeared but force closed immediately. Therefore I...
  10. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...