Windows 10: Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

Discus and support Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenG, Apr 25, 2015.

1. KenG Win User

Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The latter is particularly stupid when you consider that Windows and the Store app install all apps to the This PC (aka the C: drive) by default.

In my case I have three drives, two of them moderately large (1 TB) and one of the 1TB drives is compressed. So every time I exit the Settings app and come back to it the Apps & Features page has to go out and search all drives for anything that looks like an app or feature before it will allow you to do anything. In my case it takes nearly 10 minutes before it's ready to do anything.

The most maddening part of this is that the display settings for the Apps & Features page are not sticky so you can never change the default behaviour to something more sensible like search for apps only on "This PC" (one of the selections available) instead of "All Drives".

...ken...

:)

2. Anandpc03 Win User

windows takes very long time to boot

Hi,

windows takes about 7 or 8 minutes to show up Welcome Screen. windows stays on this screen shown below for very long time. this used to happen with windows 8.1 and now even after clean install of windows 10. Kindly somebody from the technical team try to
    help me fix this.
    Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start [​IMG]

Anandpc03, Apr 25, 2015
  3. windows takes very long time to boot

In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in
    this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 25, 2015
Thema:

Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

1. Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start - Similar Threads - Settings Apps Features

2. Some of my Windows apps (also the settings app) started taking very long to launch and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my Windows apps (also the settings app) started taking very long to launch and...: For the last few weeks whenever I try to open Photos, Calculator or even Settings, they take a very long time to load and they takes almost 10 seconds after I click close to actually close . Photos doesn't even load properly 95% of the time. My specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)...
  3. App taking toooooo long to start.

App taking toooooo long to start.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AERegeneratel38 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hchbn4/app_taking_toooooo_long_to_start/
  4. Help with Windows shutting taking a very long time

Help with Windows shutting taking a very long time: I am running Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS build 18363.836. Whenever I shutdown or restart, it takes about 5 minutes to shut down. It seems to have started randomly. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/audma [link] [comments]...
  5. Blue screen taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...
  6. External disk fixing takes very long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External disk fixing takes very long time: Hi, I have Windows 10. I had a problem with my external hard drive it said fatal hardware error as it was not recognized by the system, though found as disk F:\. I restarted as sometimes it fixes such bugs. right at the start of booting, windows started fixing my...
  7. Delete account and data taking a very long time.

Delete account and data taking a very long time.: I'm just concerned that it's taking a long time to delete a local account. Is this normal or is something weird happening? How long does it take? submitted by /u/Big_Noobus [link] [comments]...
  8. windows 10 update taking very long time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 update taking very long time: how to shut down computer and restart https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-taking-very-long-time/e43c1901-1157-4f38-a45b-24c602654244
  9. NSI service taking a long time to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NSI service taking a long time to start: Windows 10 Pro version 1809 build 17763.504 My computer all of a sudden is taking a long time to start up. After the BIOS logo screen, the screen goes black for as much as 20 minutes. The mouse pointer is visible and can be moved during this time. Eventually the login...
  10. video taking very long time to start playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    video taking very long time to start playing: Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ? I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably 2-3GB in size, but the default windows player kept me waiting at least 30 seconds before it starts to playback. System, intel i5...