Windows 10: Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

Discus and support Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenG, Apr 25, 2015.

1. KenG Win User

Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

The default display settings for the SETTINGS > SYSTEM > Apps & Features page are to display apps "By Size" and to look for apps on "All Drives". The latter is particularly stupid when you consider that Windows and the Store app install all apps to the This PC (aka the C: drive) by default.

In my case I have three drives, two of them moderately large (1 TB) and one of the 1TB drives is compressed. So every time I exit the Settings app and come back to it the Apps & Features page has to go out and search all drives for anything that looks like an app or feature before it will allow you to do anything. In my case it takes nearly 10 minutes before it's ready to do anything.

The most maddening part of this is that the display settings for the Apps & Features page are not sticky so you can never change the default behaviour to something more sensible like search for apps only on "This PC" (one of the selections available) instead of "All Drives".

...ken...

:)

2. Anandpc03 Win User

windows takes very long time to boot

Hi,

windows takes about 7 or 8 minutes to show up Welcome Screen. windows stays on this screen shown below for very long time. this used to happen with windows 8.1 and now even after clean install of windows 10. Kindly somebody from the technical team try to
    help me fix this.
    Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start [​IMG]

Anandpc03, Apr 25, 2015
  3. windows takes very long time to boot

In order to diagnose your problem we need to run Windows performance toolkit the instructions for which can be found in
    this wiki

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Please run the trace when you are experiencing the problem

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Apr 25, 2015
Thema:

Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start

1. Settings > Apps & Features takes a very long time to start - Similar Threads - Settings Apps Features

2. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  3. Startup apps take a long time to start opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup apps take a long time to start opening.: Hey! Recently I've encountered an issue in both Windows 10 and Windows 11, the startup apps take like 10 minutes until they start booting. I can assure the issue is not coming for my PC itself, its pretty much new, only built it like 5 months ago, moreover, this thing just...
  4. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  5. Videos take very long to start playing

Videos take very long to start playing: I have same problem as the person stated under - video it does not matter if its online or some downloaded video take like 5 seconds to start and if paused for longer period it takes again 5 sec to start again. Just diffrent laptop i have Dell G3 15 3590 intelcore i7-9750...
  6. Videos take very long to start playing

Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  7. Videos take very long to start playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Videos take very long to start playing: I have a Windows 10 Dell Vostro with an 11th Gen i3 processor, 8 GB RAM, and an HDD. For some reason, any video takes unnaturally long to start playing on my laptop. For videos that are on my HDD, VLC takes around 5-10 seconds to actually start playing the video after it has...
  8. Some of my Windows apps (also the settings app) started taking very long to launch and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some of my Windows apps (also the settings app) started taking very long to launch and...: For the last few weeks whenever I try to open Photos, Calculator or even Settings, they take a very long time to load and they takes almost 10 seconds after I click close to actually close . Photos doesn't even load properly 95% of the time. My specs: Intel(R) Core(TM)...
  9. Blue screen taking a very long time.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen taking a very long time.: Hello, I was installing an older version of avast when I got blue screened. Before that I had updated my windows version. Problem is, the blue screen won't go away. It's been about 20mins now. Is there anything I could do?...
  10. video taking very long time to start playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    video taking very long time to start playing: Is it a hardware problem? Or is it normal ? I have some videos on a spinning hard drive, I tried to play back one of it, it's not large, probably 2-3GB in size, but the default windows player kept me waiting at least 30 seconds before it starts to playback. System, intel i5...