Windows 10: settings are gone and taskbar is empty

Discus and support settings are gone and taskbar is empty in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by chloe3672, May 7, 2022.

1. chloe3672 Win User

settings are gone and taskbar is empty

This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times.

:)

chloe3672, May 7, 2022

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 7, 2022
  3. John Fer Win User
    Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, May 7, 2022
  4. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts settings are gone and taskbar is empty :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 7, 2022
Thema:

settings are gone and taskbar is empty

1. settings are gone and taskbar is empty - Similar Threads - settings are gone

2. settings are gone and taskbar is empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings are gone and taskbar is empty: This morning when I started up my computer, the taskbar was empty. so then I tried to go to settings but found out that settings wasn't on my computer anymore. I can't fix it because the taskbar is still empty after restarting my computer multiple times....
  3. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.: Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a simple restart can't fix!" Wrong. I came back to an error pop up, "Win32bridge server.exe - bad image" or something along those...
  4. Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar is empty, Settings won't open, even with keyboard commands.: Hey guys, so the other day i opened my laptop to find an empty taskbar, which i found strange, more annoying than anything. I thought, "Nothing a simple restart can't fix!" Wrong. I came back to an error pop up, "Win32bridge server.exe - bad image" or something along those...
  5. Taskbar icons are gone and settings won’t open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons are gone and settings won’t open: Hey guys,My computer updated and when I logged back in my taskbar was empty and when i tried Control + I, settings would just crash immediately. I’ve tried a few things. Tried restarting explorer and changing time and date but nothing has worked. Anyone have any other...
  6. Taskbar icons are gone and settings won’t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons are gone and settings won’t open: Hey guys,My computer updated and when I logged back in my taskbar was empty and when i tried Control + I, settings would just crash immediately. I’ve tried a few things. Tried restarting explorer and changing time and date but nothing has worked. Anyone have any other...
  7. Taskbar icons are gone and settings won’t open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 11 PC - Taskbar and Settings are gone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC - Taskbar and Settings are gone?: Windows 11 [Version 10.0.22000.1]I turned on my computer yesterday to find my taskbar completely empty and blank, only the right-side arrow dropdown which is unusable. No icons, time, etc.The Win key on my keyboard does not work on its own and doesn't pull up the search...
  9. Windows 11 PC - Taskbar and Settings are gone?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PC - Taskbar and Settings are gone?: Windows 11 [Version 10.0.22000.1]I turned on my computer yesterday to find my taskbar completely empty and blank, only the right-side arrow dropdown which is unusable. No icons, time, etc.The Win key on my keyboard does not work on its own and doesn't pull up the search...
  10. Taskbar empty space

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar empty space: [ATTACH] I have an empty space between the last icon on the rightvolume an the date and time. If i try to turn on an icon from the taskbar list, the last one disappears. As you can see i have the network icon turned on but it`s not showing in the taskbar. If i turn the...